Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Music » Radiohead [II] » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

May 22, 08 at 9:46pmShattered Silence

Last Thread

Continue discussion.

If someone wants to provide a good first post, feel free to PM it to me.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 21, 16 at 7:45pm
Saeglopur

hbn - Amnesiac definitely took me a long time to get into as well to be honest, but thinking back, I don't think I ever gave it a real chance, actually listening to each song as closely as I should have instead of just trying it as a kind of background music. I quite like it now really, it just took me longer to give it that chance, a bit like Hail To The Thief did. There's probably only The King Of Limbs that I could live without to be honest, and I forget it exists sometimes, haha. The last three songs on it are beautiful though, and I don't mind some of the others, I suppose, it just doesn't match up overall to the strength of the rest of their albums for me.

Jul 13, 16 at 8:11am
hbn

I find Amnesiac to be the hardest to just drop into a listen to... even though it has Pyramid Song. It took me ages to actually get in to Radiohead. I had listened to Pablo Honey but nothing since then. Took me awhile to get round to listening to The Bends and OK Computer, and then took me awhile after that to listen to the rest. I had In Rainbows for awhile. Guess musical tastes at the time didn't allow me to appreciate them.

Annoyingly I'm gonna end up having to rerip A Moon Shaped Pool to my computer because it turns out it didn't rip it properly and has recorded it skipping like mad.

Jul 13, 16 at 7:58am
Saeglopur

Iscariot - Apparently, Burn The Witch has been around for the best part of 10-15 years as well. I don't know if there's any others on the album like that, but it's certainly interesting to see them popping up on the same record, I suppose.

Been in a massive Radiohead mood over the last week or so anyway. In addition to The Bends and OK Computer, which I have to admit I listen to fairly regularly anyway, I've really been rediscovering some of the best tunes on albums like In Rainbows which I haven't listen through properly for years. It's amazing what a fresh perspective does for some of them. I could probably say the same for some of the second half of Kid A and a few tracks on Hail To The Thief as well. Always a nice feeling when you see a new side to old music. I've been neglecting some of those albums for a while.

Jul 2, 16 at 5:57pm
Mister MacPhisto

Picked up A Moon Shaped Pool recently. Giving it a second listen now as a matter of fact.

Amsey has probably burnt a hole in a copy by now.

May 16, 16 at 1:25pm
Iscariot

here's an interesting tidbit I found regarding the final track, "true love waits."
apparently the song is some two decades old, having been performed and referenced in various iterations during the band's lifespan.

it's obviously evolved quite a bit in that time, but I really like this version from the early days a lot.

what's kind of eerie, to me, is how we finally got a release after all this time. it almost feels like the band is signing off with this final revision.

May 15, 16 at 6:24am
Shadow of Death

Well, I've listened to each track a couple of times (Burn the Witch and Daydreaming aside, as I've listened to each of those several times more). The album is solid, very Radiohead sounding. It's mostly the first two that stand out for me though, the rest being like most of Radiohead's catalogue, "pleasant to listen to but not especially memorable" at least so far as I'm concerned. One or two felt almost like I'd heard them before though.

'Glass Eyes' and 'True Love Waits' were both pretty close to being memorable though.

May 11, 16 at 9:07am
EvilTediz597

Didn't know till today that the Spectre track is up for free on soundcloud. Gotta grab it.

May 11, 16 at 8:21am
Iscariot

I picked up the digital (would've opted for the cd, but without a download, I wasn't about to wait around for it to ship).
listening to on very low volume now as I'm at work. a lot of calm, serene ambiance stands out here. strings and piano are very welcome additions found in the front half of the album, but I can't help noticing a complete lack of percussion on multiple tracks so far ("daydreaming", "glass eyes").

I'll have to give it a full listen with my good headphones once I'm back home to really get a better feel for it. liking it more than king of limbs so far, in any case, and it sounds like radiohead should sound.

May 11, 16 at 7:54am
EricF

They did release that unused Spectre song that wasn't selected for the Bond movie but I'm pretty sure that's all prior to the new album.

May 11, 16 at 7:18am
Mister MacPhisto

For some odd reason I thought they'd done something since King of Limbs.