Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » Brawl Vs Melee. What is better about what. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Apr 09, 08 at 10:23pmBrawlfan1234

What do you like about melee that isnt in brawl and visa versa

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 02, 14 at 5:32pm
ivaerak

Am I the only one who actually likes that the prat falling was introduced in Brawl?

I mean I get why competitive players hate it, but it also adds some comedic realism to the movement mechanics. Not everything has to be under perfectly calculated control, you know?

btw I never played Melee, only watched, and I understand the differences, but Brawl is hilarious I love it to death.

I'm not very happy that prat falling is removed in Smash4, and I find it's plasticky finish on characters, well... a bit too plasticky lol. But I'm looking forward to it

Jan 28, 14 at 10:21am
PichuRules

Brawl has better music (and a lot more soundtracks to choose from for the stages), more characters, online play, and better items.

Melee beats Brawl at just about everything else: faster gameplay, easier to combo, no tripping, and even the single player was better because there was no 5-hour long Subspace Emissary and the event matches in Melee were WAY more fun.

Jan 26, 14 at 5:41pm
sharpfan101

For me it's not at all the character variety at all. Considering I only use a few characters as a main and maybe a few secondaries, I have to go with Melee. Brawl was made to be played non-competitively, which entirely takes away half the community, where as Melee could be played competitively and as a party game. Melee was much faster paced and always exciting. Brawl is about half the speed, leaving it a lot slower, and just less exciting. Coming from a competitive player stand point, bear in mind.

Jan 15, 14 at 9:45pm
toonlinkomania

quote communist fish
Let me rephrase that, if you are some sort of filthy casual, brawl with it's filthy casual pig dog mechanics will appease you, melee is much better played competitively

Pretty much nailed it

Jan 10, 14 at 10:53pm
communist fish

Let me rephrase that, if you are some sort of filthy casual, brawl with it's filthy casual pig dog mechanics will appease you, melee is much better played competitively

Jan 10, 14 at 10:50pm
communist fish

Project:M is better than brawl and it's basically melee 2.

Oct 01, 12 at 4:20am
WooperOnALedge

i prefer brawl, after playing brawl so much its hard to go back to melee

Sep 24, 12 at 10:33am
Mario_1

Wow, this is an old thread, but I guess I might as well post.

Melee has the superior gravity, and no one ever trips.
For everything else, though, I prefer Brawl easily.

Sep 22, 12 at 12:21pm
AgatioGanon

Brawl is definately better

Everytime I try to play Melee, I end up shutting it off in like 5 minutes because it's so boring.

They should of replaced Jigglypuff instead because Jigglypuff is a piece of garbage and it's a normal type and everyone knows normal type suck.

I would of loved to see Mewtwo vs Lucario in Brawl!

I think another pokemon, Blazeken was supposed to be in Brawl too, it would have interesting to him put in or put another trainer in, maybe May so she would have Blazeken.

Jul 16, 12 at 5:33am
Game Hacker 9000

Well, I think brawl wins, I wish they didnt replace Mewtwo with Lucario though D:<