Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » HELP!! My lexmark 1200 series printer won't print » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 05, 08 at 12:44ambluebeachbeetle

I have a new lexmark 1200 series printer that printed great when I first got it. I changed my internet carrier to a dial up service and it got so it wouldn't print good. I later changed to a satellite internet service and it's as fast as the old DSL, but my printer will only print out the colors, not the black. I have followed all of the troubleshooting procedures but nothing seems to help. I had a technician on the live chatline provided by lexmark but my computer shut down and I couldn't find the link again on thier homepage. Any suggestions?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 09, 12 at 2:52am
jackpumpkin

this is for windows 7,

Do any of you by any chance remember going into photo viewer and messing with the print settings in there?Because I messed with mine and it messed up printing for me.I had to go back and forth from the printing settings in there and the normal settings in devices and printers till I got it back to normal.

Feb 08, 12 at 11:19am
Ary van Oosten

My printer Lexmark 1250 does not print at all after some updating recently of programmes in the computer. What could I do ? I am sure it is a simple thing.

Feb 08, 12 at 11:14am
Ary van Oosten

quote bluebeachbeetle
I have a new lexmark 1200 series printer that printed great when I first got it. I changed my internet carrier to a dial up service and it got so it wouldn't print good. I later changed to a satellite internet service and it's as fast as the old DSL, but my printer will only print out the colors, not the black. I have followed all of the troubleshooting procedures but nothing seems to help. I had a technician on the live chatline provided by lexmark but my computer shut down and I couldn't find the link again on thier homepage. Any suggestions?
My Lexmark 1250 worked fine until recently after an update of some programmes, it did not work any more. The warning sais: The Printer has no connection with the computer, check your connections. I did so but no result

Dec 24, 11 at 12:40am
leward

help my printer wont print

May 30, 08 at 3:40am
bluebeachbeetle

I reinstalled the printer and bought another ink cart., but mine didn't work either.I went to thier web site and got on the instant chat line that they offer and the person helping me was great.He worked with me for about an hour but we couldn't get it to work.He checked my numbers on the cart. and it was out dated.even though I'd just purchased it from walmart.They sent me a free new cart. and it worked, so hurrah for great customer service from lexmark.

May 26, 08 at 10:43am
Mary Holt

I am having the exact same problem, the black and white dose not print. I can print colors and such but the black text refuses to print........ I also have followed all directions to the letter and downloaded the driver and reinstalled it....

Still this thing will not work.......... This is the second Lexmark I have had that got this type of problem.........

I will tell you this it is the last Lexmark I will buy, I have spent two days working with it following links and such....

Apr 08, 08 at 6:15pm
Weirdo777

It sounds like you need to replace your ink cartridge.

Hi, welcome to neoseeker. I'm like a computer/audio/video/techno/machine wiz, so listen to my words.

quote bluebeachbeetle
Like I said, you need to replace a few things. First off, replace your ink cartridge. You can't always trust others to provide you with one (unless you go to Best Buy). Also did you say that your
computer shut down
? All I can recomend for is to call Geek Squad. Or substitute your harddrive. Any more questions feel free to PM me.

Apr 06, 08 at 6:51pm
bluebeachbeetle

Yes, It is a Lexmark 1240

Apr 06, 08 at 4:24pm
Master of the VG

Do you know specifically what model printer that you have. It sounds like it could be a driver issue.

Apr 05, 08 at 12:44am
bluebeachbeetle