Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Palit 9600GT Sonic review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 21, 08 at 2:20pmkspiess

Good day,

Another day, another video card reviewed.

Welcome to the ninth generation.

Here is the review:

Enjoy,
Kevin

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 15, 08 at 8:28pm
Binks

and for the guy above me they make both a 512 and 1 gig version

Jul 15, 08 at 8:26pm
Binks

i have these in sli with a 680i lt and a 2.66 dual and it is one of the fastest setups i have had i seguest you use the crysis bench mark test and mess with clocking till you have somthing solid witch these cards can do amazingly overall defenetly worth in halflife 2 episode 2 i get over 170 frams persecond and in crysis at 1280 x 1024 with 16xQ aa i get about 40 fps and it tops around 60 and the low is around 34

GET THEM you wont regret it:)

Apr 29, 08 at 2:10am
kspiess

Hi there,

There are multiple Sonics. The revised Sonic has different (better) cooler, and 1GB of memory. The Sonic that I reviewed came out at launch and had 512MB.

I'm not sure (this is all going from memory) but I think they also removed the plastic shroud on the new Sonic.

The new Sonic also had the 1GB designation in its name. It was like 9600GT Sonic 1GB I believe, whereas this one was just the 9600GT Sonic.

Apr 21, 08 at 9:00am
jamsolid

I believe the sonics are a 1gb card, despite that here it was stated as a 512mb card. Was this a mistake or is this truely a 512 version?

Feb 26, 08 at 8:41pm
kspiess

I take it that you mean you are not planning to overclock the MSI card beyond it's factory-overclocked settings?

Well, the Palit 9600GT is an overclocked card as well, with 700 MHz core, 1000 MHz memory clock. The MSI card has a 700 MHz core, and a bit slower memory at 950 MHz.

Basically you are looking at pretty similar level of performance.

Feb 25, 08 at 1:16am
Silver060

link

After looking for a decent mid range gpu i came across this card. With this card overclocked how much improvement would it be to the card used on teh review?

Feb 22, 08 at 1:03am
kspiess

Thanks Christine!

Actually we don't send them back -- we just add the reviewed cards to what I call the "Archive of Justice" (which is basically a tall shelf, filled with video cards.)

But unfortunately I can't check the memory out for you. I'm not at the office. Perhaps tomorrow however.

Feb 21, 08 at 11:20pm
calvary1980

Palit did a nice job on the back of the card with the ports however the heatsink is unnecessary the 8800GS is a good card for price to performance ratio but the 9600GT is not as it comes with a small increase in performance and a HDMI Cable unfortunately the Palit one did not come with a HDMI Cable. I was expecting more from nVidia somehow for example the VP3 Engine. Kevin if you haven't sent it back yet could you check what kind of Memory Palit chose? Thanks and good Review

- Christine

Feb 21, 08 at 11:06pm
Danger

According to the benchmark tests, it's not as good as the 8800GTX/S but better than the 8800GT. For the price, it's good.

Feb 21, 08 at 10:39pm
advent kid

is it really gunna be better then 8800's but cause cheaper then most of 8800's and just came out