Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar » Credit Card » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 19, 08 at 8:37amxarcherx987

I am about to buy this (still) and I need to know if I NEED a credit card or not. I know I can buy the recharge card things except I don't know if you have to enter credit card information when creating an account, regardless of the way you intend to pay.

EDIT: I was also wondering whether I have to download all the books when I get the game or whether I can just download the latest one which will give me the content from that one and all the earlier ones.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 21, 08 at 11:12am
Shin Ra

I bought game discs yes but they're outdated compared to the current LOTRO so there was a tonne of updating like I explained.

Feb 21, 08 at 7:53am
xarcherx987

Thanks for that, I can now get it as soon as my computer works.

Feb 20, 08 at 8:29pm
protoX4

game cards in the U.S. cost $30 for 60 days, no you don't HAVE to have a credit card, and it automatically downloads all updates when you open the game right before log-in

Feb 20, 08 at 9:23am
xarcherx987

I'm from Australia and they are $14 for 2 months for me. So Shrina, are oyu saying that the books come on the discs with the games, cos I thought they were like patches u had to download separate, oh and i'm planning on buying the game on the disc not downloading it off the site.

Feb 19, 08 at 7:56pm
Delexo

Game cards are avaliable at around £17 in the UK. I guess that'll be around $30 - $35 if you're from the USA.

Feb 19, 08 at 11:52am
Shin Ra

My subscription was paid through paypal so that can be with debit or credit card. I've never seen recharge cards but I assume they're available to order off the internet or maybe from a good game store, you'd have to ask yourself.

You do have to download the books in order, it sucks too, it was over 3GB for me and obviously took hours. You can download a client which is updated to book 11 so then there's just 1 update to do after that but I installed off the disc myself. You should check the FAQs and stuff on the official site and stuff though you'll get the best information off them.

Feb 19, 08 at 8:37am
xarcherx987

I am about to buy this (still) and I need to know if I NEED a credit card or not. I know I can buy the recharge card things except I don't know if you have to enter credit card information when creating an account, regardless of the way you intend to pay.

EDIT: I was also wondering whether I have to download all the books when I get the game or whether I can just download the latest one which will give me the content from that one and all the earlier ones.