Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas » Scratched Disc Problem » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Feb 18, 08 at 11:21pmpapa81

i recently went to play GTA San Andreas for my PS2 and to my dismay its was all scratched to shit. it was in the case and it still manages to get scratched. it will do the intro videos and go to the loading screen but when it gets to the end it says error reading disc. i tried using a disc cleaner thing with the hand crank cleaner thing but that didn't work. any suggestions on how i can play it again. i know i can just buy another one but the one i have is one of the originals i bought the game when it first came out

If anyone has there own remedies on how to fix a moderately scratched disc it would be helpful,,,, thanks

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 23, 13 at 12:41am
jj

;(Plz help I have grand theft auto san andreas and I wanted to play it but it just shows eror reading disc plz help I really love this game I don't have enouth money to bay annother one no toothpaste and water does not help

Jan 24, 13 at 3:44pm
gta 4 rocks

i know nothing and tryed evrything

Feb 20, 08 at 5:49pm
papa81

i dont think so i think its just the GH version has different packaging. but the one that is different is the special edition with has gold on the front

Feb 20, 08 at 1:53pm
alleypuppy

quote papa81
well nothing seems to be working, but i guess i can buy another one. at Best Buy its 14.99 brand new but at least its the greatest hits version. and i have a gift card with 9 bucks left on it so 6-7 isnt bad
this has nothing 2 do with the thread but is the greatest hits version of a game different from 1 that isn't?

Feb 20, 08 at 12:38am
Zeek

You know, there are video stores than clean up the scratches for you.

Feb 19, 08 at 8:09pm
papa81

well nothing seems to be working, but i guess i can buy another one. at Best Buy its 14.99 brand new but at least its the greatest hits version. and i have a gift card with 9 bucks left on it so 6-7 isnt bad

Feb 19, 08 at 11:37am
Jake Rockwell

Washing CDs and DVDs with hot water, washing up liquid and a soft cloth sometimes helps a little bit. Obviously don't play the game until it's dry though

Feb 19, 08 at 12:42am
papa81

2 things
well i know theres ebay but if i were to buy another one i would get it new so i wouldnt have to worry about scratches
and what do you mean washing up liquid helps though

Feb 19, 08 at 12:14am
Captain Basche

I doubt toothpaste will help. xD
I haven't a clue to be honest,I had one of those hand-crank things too,they seem to make it even worse.

I've heard washing up liquid helps though.

Feb 18, 08 at 11:32pm
Neon Llama

Well they sell it on Ebay.

People say putting toothpaste on your game will clean it but I don't recommend that. xD