Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Battlefield 2 » Here is a way to unlock all weapons in (BF2) SP without downloading » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 29, 08 at 2:03amSilent_Nightmare

here is what you do to unlock all kit weapons in bf2SP
-go to your bf2 folder
-find the "python" folder
-Now go in the "BF2" folder
-go to the "stats" folder
-open the "unlocks" PY file...
-there will be a line of text that says...
defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
change all these zeros to 1's and it will unlock all weapons in SP in BF2

If you cant find your BF2 directory, then search "right click on start---->click search"
make sure to seacrh in "My computer" and not the default "all folders" then search for Battlefield 2 and it will come up. Just make sure you look in the folder to see it has everything, and most importantly the "python" folder which houses your unlockable weapons.

There it is guys, it DOES work, im 100% sure it works if you follow it right, which is not hard AT ALL. but for some reason it does not work, just tell me here, and ill tell you exactly what you did wrong. (just make sure to tell me the EXACT actions that you had made to attempt to get this to work.)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 29, 14 at 9:32am
fg

how do you change it back?

Mar 03, 14 at 1:57am
noname124589

quote BF2 (EXPLORER)
Actually that is how you do it on the demo, it doesnt work on Full Version, here is the correct way

This is a mod that ulocks all weapons that I found by exploring the folders in BF2. First, go to C://ProgramFiles/EA Games/ (or whatever your game files are stored in) then click the folder named MODS, then click BF2. there will be a bunch of files look for the two named "Objects_Client", and "Objects_Server" Right click on the smaller one, (Objects_Server) and click "Open With". There may be a dialog that comes up, and says "would you like to find a program on the internet to open this file, or would you like to open this file with a program installed on your computer. Choose the installed on your computer option. Then when the applications list comes up, click browse. Then on the open dialog, go to C://windows/System32, In that folder look for a file name "explorer" (click it) then click open. Then ok. Now double click on the file (Object_Server".zip") Depending on your processor speed, it could take 15-45 seconds to open. Once the folder is open, open the folder "kits" (in the Object_Server file) Then click US, or wichever Category you would like to edit When you open the category, you will see 9 files you will need to edit 1-8 depending on how many weapons you would like to unlock. Now minimize all your windows and go to your desktop, right click and click new, then folder. Now bring back up the "Object_Server" folder. Open the "US_Support" file with a text editor. (To do this, right click on the US_Support file and click open with, this time though on the Application list, double click Notepad. now you open the file. You will see a bunch of text. Go to the last line,
"ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 2". Erase the last number (2) and replace it with 0. Now click file then SAVE AS then open the save as dialog to your desktop and open your new folder that you created in the previous step. Then right under the file name you will see a thing that says "Save as Type" click the arrow next to it, and click All Files. Then click Save. Now for the fun part lol. Depending on the amount of weapons you would like to edit. open the 7 other files, NOT US_KITS, but all the others and change the 2, to a 0 on all the rest, and save like others, Ok, almost half way there. this is the homestretch. Now close out everything except for the US/or the other soldiers folder and make that to about half the screen. Now bring up the new folder on your desktop, and copy the contents to the "Kits" folder (the one thats half the screen) This may take 1-4 minutes.. When it is done, close everything out, and bring up C://ProgramFiles/Ea Games/BattleField2(or wherever your game data is stored) Then in that folder open 'mod/BF2/Objects_client. Now you will see the folder "kits" just like in the Object_server folder. So click on kits, then US, or whatever soldier class u would like to edit and copy all the contents from your new folder to the there. This takes 5-10 minutes so you might want to get a snack.... Once it is done run your game, and play

*Note In the game, the weapon selection picture will remain unchanged, but when you select your weapon, and spawn point, the weapon will be the unlocked on.
*Note on windows XP, There will be no progress bar on the file tranfer until it is almost finished.. When its almmost done, a dialog will say "compressing" and then will eventually close, signaling it is finished.. This will be for both tranfers, even though the first one will be faster

PS MAKE A BACK UP COPY![/i]

PS MAKE A BACK UP COPY![i]
better to write this at the beginning of the text. Because with those changes I can't play anymore on internet... BF2 crashed...

Mar 01, 14 at 3:46am
mrquee12

i went to stats(python) i converted to files so that it could be read in notpad then i converted all the 0's to 1's but there was no change in the game

Sep 25, 13 at 4:59pm
Jarneh

Okay, so I did what BF2 (EXPLORER) said. But when I go to play the game, nothing has changed.

Sep 07, 13 at 2:57am
etiennedressler

If it says access denied follow these simple steps:

1.Log in as admin
2.Right click on the file and click properties
3.Go to the security tab
4.You will see a box with the users on the PC. Click on your username (note: don't click the admin but rather you username) then click edit
5.Check the Allow check box that says Full Control
6.Then apply and voila, you can edit and save the file

Aug 13, 13 at 6:44am
DatuPuti

Dudes, to those people who are having a hard time trying to change the unlocks codes to 1 because of the access denied thing, there's a way to remove it. You'll have to right-click the unlocks py file and click Properties. Upon clicking properties, look for the security tab. Then look for the Group or username box and look for the homeusers then press the full control check box in the Permissions for SYSTEM, for you to access and modify the files freely.
P.S. You should do this one at a time per py file if you are going to edit them all lol

Jul 25, 13 at 12:10am
DEAD_SHELL

hoooollllllyy shit
silent nightmare ....it workssss
thanx maaaan

Apr 26, 13 at 8:55pm
Furious Xenon

quote BF2 (EXPLORER)
Actually that is how you do it on the demo, it doesnt work on Full Version, here is the correct way

This is a mod that ulocks all weapons that I found by exploring the folders in BF2. First, go to C://ProgramFiles/EA Games/ (or whatever your game files are stored in) then click the folder named MODS, then click BF2. there will be a bunch of files look for the two named "Objects_Client", and "Objects_Server" Right click on the smaller one, (Objects_Server) and click "Open With". There may be a dialog that comes up, and says "would you like to find a program on the internet to open this file, or would you like to open this file with a program installed on your computer. Choose the installed on your computer option. Then when the applications list comes up, click browse. Then on the open dialog, go to C://windows/System32, In that folder look for a file name "explorer" (click it) then click open. Then ok. Now double click on the file (Object_Server".zip") Depending on your processor speed, it could take 15-45 seconds to open. Once the folder is open, open the folder "kits" (in the Object_Server file) Then click US, or wichever Category you would like to edit When you open the category, you will see 9 files you will need to edit 1-8 depending on how many weapons you would like to unlock. Now minimize all your windows and go to your desktop, right click and click new, then folder. Now bring back up the "Object_Server" folder. Open the "US_Support" file with a text editor. (To do this, right click on the US_Support file and click open with, this time though on the Application list, double click Notepad. now you open the file. You will see a bunch of text. Go to the last line,
"ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 2". Erase the last number (2) and replace it with 0. Now click file then SAVE AS then open the save as dialog to your desktop and open your new folder that you created in the previous step. Then right under the file name you will see a thing that says "Save as Type" click the arrow next to it, and click All Files. Then click Save. Now for the fun part lol. Depending on the amount of weapons you would like to edit. open the 7 other files, NOT US_KITS, but all the others and change the 2, to a 0 on all the rest, and save like others, Ok, almost half way there. this is the homestretch. Now close out everything except for the US/or the other soldiers folder and make that to about half the screen. Now bring up the new folder on your desktop, and copy the contents to the "Kits" folder (the one thats half the screen) This may take 1-4 minutes.. When it is done, close everything out, and bring up C://ProgramFiles/Ea Games/BattleField2(or wherever your game data is stored) Then in that folder open 'mod/BF2/Objects_client. Now you will see the folder "kits" just like in the Object_server folder. So click on kits, then US, or whatever soldier class u would like to edit and copy all the contents from your new folder to the there. This takes 5-10 minutes so you might want to get a snack.... Once it is done run your game, and play

*Note In the game, the weapon selection picture will remain unchanged, but when you select your weapon, and spawn point, the weapon will be the unlocked on.
*Note on windows XP, There will be no progress bar on the file tranfer until it is almost finished.. When its almmost done, a dialog will say "compressing" and then will eventually close, signaling it is finished.. This will be for both tranfers, even though the first one will be faster

PS MAKE A BACK UP COPY![i][/i]

Thanks! It's working!! God bless you!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Now I can enjoy BF2 more!!

Apr 21, 13 at 4:46am
XgamerGR

i have the full version of battlefield 2 and i changed all the 0s to 1s and it works

Feb 15, 13 at 10:34pm
Ryan180602

Hey BF2 Explorer i can only find the Object_Server.zip and Object_server.zip

I cant find the Object_server folder or file you r talking about so pleasee help me.
I tried silent_nightmare's way and it worked thank you but i only got 1 new weapon unlocked for each kit..so please help me how to unlock all the weapons for all the kits.And BTW those who r having problems saving the file unlocks.py with the new changes (changing all 0s to 1s)Here's a trick to save the file.

First of all you copy the file in your desktop then make the changes and save on desktop.Second after saving you just send the saved file to the folder!Then just play BF2!!!!!!!!Though it will only unlock 1 weapon....

I was also confused with the saving part where it is Access Denied but i experimented and Voila!

Bye
-Ryan180602