Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom 2 » my rathalos and rathian plate guide » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Forum Information regarding Rules, Thread Index, etc., can be found in the Hunter's Guild Centre.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Jan 25, 08 at 10:00pmchris58

Well just to help some people out I' am going to say what i do to get plates. Well for rathalos plates do a hr3 Rathalos cut his tail and break head and claws and capture i have always got a plate from him this way. As for rathian same thing only its the troublesome pair in the village elder. Capture both raths after cutting/breaking everything and i get a rathian plate about every two times i do it and pet your piggy and eat for more skills. I like to eat a meat and a fruit like dragon head and fatty tomato for health up and attack up. hopefully this helps for people having trouble getting plates

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 28, 12 at 12:21pm
joe dub

I hate the high rank silver and azure ratholos cause i know im not the best but ive always gotten 1-2 rubys from them each quest no plates and that makes me mad cause ive never gotten a single one out of 123 quest that is some bullony!!!

Nov 10, 11 at 9:19am
junyuan

But I my hr is only 1 n I am at 4* quest only. Plus I really need a rathain spike

Jul 18, 08 at 4:21am
Zeffervelli

Finally, a good way to get these things, I did "A troublesome pair" so many times without a single drop...
Now I can finish off my Fatalis armor. =D
If anyone needs help with that, just pm me.
Isn't Anger of Heaven and Earth a downloadable quest? What would you recommend: Bowing or Blading? Either way, I'm good with, I can still cut off the tail either way... =D (Just melee the tail about 7-10 times, I think. It's been so long)

Okay, I don't think I have the plates registered in my game... Now tell me this: 176 Rathalos hunted and 191 Rathian hunted... shouldn't I have at least 1 of each by now? I mean, I'm set on rubies, I have a ton of those... But I cant get the rest of the Fatalis set without those freaking plates....... I did Anger of Heaven and Earth about 4 times already... No plates whatsoever...

Feb 06, 08 at 6:09pm
Zumma

Easier way: Anger of Heaven and Earth. I got 3 plates and 2 rubies in one go once

Feb 06, 08 at 3:25pm
Drucifer

Carving Celebrity FTW. I used it to farm Grav Brainstems and had 6 of them in no time at all.

Feb 06, 08 at 2:43pm
chris58

quote walkinzombie

quote ghost_hero
ghost_hero
i keep getting rathian rubies ive got 5 of them now, like every gold rathian i got a ruby, all i did was cut the tail and i got a rubie
rathian ruby is easier to obtain compare to rathalos ruby.

quote darkhound222
darkhound222
What the hell? Was that it? Not to get you down when you're trying to help, but that's not really a guide tbh. There's no reason to make a "guide" for this. All you eed to do is really go on a tail run against the HR3-HR5 Rathalos, or even the Hr6 Azure or Silver Rathalos.
doing G-rank quest might have higher chance of getting the plate but then its harder and more than consuming. if by doing HR3 and you'll be able to obtain a plate, then wouldnt it be easier to just still HR3 instead?

and chris, thanks for the info. i need 5 plates of both rathalos and rathian. i might give your strategy a try.

Thanks you it works every time for me and at frist a few ppl didnt belive me on getting plates on a hr3 los or ian but i proved them wrong and then found out the easyiest way for me to get them and so i thought i would give my advice

Jan 31, 08 at 9:46am
gogengantes

The fastest way that I now to get a rathalos plate is to do the HR5. Plant a shock trap and cut the tail off using a GS (Siegmund) carve the tail and if you get a plate just die 3 times or try and kill the rathalos or if you don't get one quit and restart... I also needed a lot of plates for some weapons and armour and I got them all using this strategy... After an hour or so I had like 3 or 4 plates

Jan 31, 08 at 9:42am
walkinzombie

quote ghost_hero
ghost_hero
i keep getting rathian rubies ive got 5 of them now, like every gold rathian i got a ruby, all i did was cut the tail and i got a rubie
rathian ruby is easier to obtain compare to rathalos ruby.

quote darkhound222
darkhound222
What the hell? Was that it? Not to get you down when you're trying to help, but that's not really a guide tbh. There's no reason to make a "guide" for this. All you eed to do is really go on a tail run against the HR3-HR5 Rathalos, or even the Hr6 Azure or Silver Rathalos.
doing G-rank quest might have higher chance of getting the plate but then its harder and more than consuming. if by doing HR3 and you'll be able to obtain a plate, then wouldnt it be easier to just still HR3 instead?

and chris, thanks for the info. i need 5 plates of both rathalos and rathian. i might give your strategy a try.

Jan 31, 08 at 8:31am
chris58

quote ISMAIL4567
Chris do you need screenshots??

yes please and brezzy500 thanks

Jan 26, 08 at 4:03pm
ISMAIL4567

Chris do you need screenshots??