Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions » Do You Desire Marquis Elmdore's Genji Full Set? » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jan 23, 08 at 8:31amRamza Beoulve

I know that it seems impossile to acquire the Genji Suit of Armor in the P.S.P version of FFT:WOTLs, but do not despair.....

I have a possible means of obtaining it. I know how to get around the Marqis's "Shirihidori" reaction ability.

If you want to know, simply reply to this post.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 03, 12 at 1:28am
Quetzalcoatl

quote whiskeyjack
kill the girls...keep at least 3 healers, 2 with steal,one with monk,stay alive and steal steal steal....dont stop stealing.. i got all items last night..took almost 2 hours, but i got em
You can't steal Marquees Eldmore's Genji equipment in War of the Lions because he has an innate ability safeguard just how Luso has the innate ability poach or an orater beast tounge. Or is this a different battle not related with Marquees Elmdore?

Feb 03, 12 at 12:56am
whiskeyjack

kill the girls...keep at least 3 healers, 2 with steal,one with monk,stay alive and steal steal steal....dont stop stealing.. i got all items last night..took almost 2 hours, but i got em

Nov 01, 11 at 1:04am
irvineyap

i want~~~

Jul 25, 09 at 6:57am
ryalane

im so going to get his armor! lol

Jul 02, 09 at 4:17am
pk_saberknights

no way to steal any equips from Elmdore in psp version.
like everybody said, he has innate safeguard.

unlike in psx version in which you can get a set of genji equips and a ton of masamune from the high level ninjas in deep dungeon.

Jul 01, 09 at 7:26am
GrEyCrEsT

quote alphador
ok so it's pretty much a consensus you can't steal Elmdor's equipment like you can in the PSx version...well, according to the Official Strategy Guide that my friend has, stealing from Elmdor is a valid way to obtain the equipment, however, it does not say how it would be done. I have essentially tried everything...i have even used Beowulf's Chicken ability to lower his Brave and he is immune to all status ailments (including Chicken!). Actually, I am not totally sure on that i think there are a few that might work.

• No, you can't. Marquis Elmdore has an INNATE ABILITY ( SAFE GUARD ) so that prevents you to steal his equipments, but you can steal exp and gil.

Jun 27, 09 at 7:53pm
alphador

ok so it's pretty much a consensus you can't steal Elmdor's equipment like you can in the PSx version...well, according to the Official Strategy Guide that my friend has, stealing from Elmdor is a valid way to obtain the equipment, however, it does not say how it would be done. I have essentially tried everything...i have even used Beowulf's Chicken ability to lower his Brave and he is immune to all status ailments (including Chicken!). Actually, I am not totally sure on that i think there are a few that might work. Anyways... as most of us know when you increase a characters speed the success rate of steal goes up in most cases. I have boosted my theif's speed to 30 or 40 in some cases and i still haven't been able to get it. The only thing i can think of that may work is trying to use a Dancer's slow dance to lower his speed while you are raising your Theif's. Heres an interesting note: Steal Gil anf Experience work on him with low chances of success, so maybe it is possible to get the armor. but most likely not AND that's a lot of work. but its good stuff to have at the beginning of Chapter 4. sometime i might give it a try with a Dancer

Jun 07, 09 at 6:02pm
Perceptor

I am new to the forums and was reading about getting the genji set through multiplayer. Are there specific levels we have to have the characters at to increase the chances and which specific battles in rendezvous can you get them? Also, can you get them in melee mode too?

Thanks

Nov 04, 08 at 6:40am
FFT Pro

I know this may be annoying but try again,I mean PSP version

Nov 04, 08 at 5:41am
Salvador_Dog

alright, i followed the steps exactly like you said and it didn't work, either it doesn't work or (not a possibility but i'll flatter you) i did something wrong.

edit: I think you were mistaken for the PSX version (for which that did work)