Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Chad's Review Corner : Featured - FIFA 14 (PS3) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 13, 08 at 7:47pmChad

If you want the latest news on official Chad reviews, stop by here periodically and check it out. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Current Featured Review:

FIFA 14 (PS3)
Finally cranked out another review after a while, this time for the latest soccer-sim to hit the market in FIFA 14. Feel free to leave feedback here or in the review itself. Thanks!

Past Featured Review(s):

21 Jump Street (Movie)
One more put up. I was able to get my thoughts up on 21 Jump Street so let me know how you like/hate it!

Safe House (Movie)
Got another pushed out. This time it is for Safe House (Movie). Check it out here. Let me know what I did wrong this time!

Chronicle (Movie)
Getting back into the swing of reviewing hopefully, and starting off with a review of the recently released on DVD/Blu-ray Chronicle. Check it out and let me know what you think!

inFamous (PS3)
I had recently rented inFamous and was able to crank out a review after sitting on the sidelines for so long. Hopefully I can put out reviews a bit more frequently in the near future. :)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3)
My Star Wars: The Force Unleashed review is ready for comments and criticism. Here it is! And in published Neo article form!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Hola amigos, my Super Smash Bros. Brawl review was accepted just today. It is my first review over 40k characters, so though it might take a little longer to read, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Wii)
Hey all, I just had my review for Medal of Honor Heroes 2 accepted. It is my first review over 25000 characters long (including spaces), and I'm just wondering if I could get some feedback on it. I already saw something that I left out, that I'll add soon, but I'm just wondering if anybody has any suggestions/comments/praise for it?

Just a small update: the review has now been turned into a Neoseeker article. It can be viewed here.

Reviews in Progress:

None at the moment

Reviews to Come:

Whenever I get around to doing another one -- hopefully soon

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 26, 13 at 12:07pm
Chad

FIFA 14. First review in a while, and I don't think I have too much rust, haha.

Jun 24, 12 at 2:46pm
Chad

Updated. Haha, meant to say it dragged on with how it was styled, as once the brand of comedy is established and the objectives are known, not a whole lot of curveballs are thrown and it becomes a bit predictable. Enjoyable, but nothing wild (which I guess was a good thing in one way, as it doesn't distract from the other parts of the movie). Thanks.

Something felt weird while writing the review, like I was missing something or just not doing a good job of getting a point across or something, and I still haven't been able to put my finger on it. =(

Jun 24, 12 at 1:12am
Alyssa

Chad

Just a question with your 21 Jump Street review - what do you mean by "drags on a bit"? Like, where does it drag on, or how does it drag on? Maybe I missed something in the review... or you did.

Regardless, it is a pretty good review.

Jun 24, 12 at 12:15am
Chad

Things went a bit smoother this time when writing my review for 21 Jump Street's DVD. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Jun 04, 12 at 2:04am
Chad

Got Safe House on DVD Saturday night but wasn't able to give it a look until this evening. Pretty good movie. Review is here, so when it comes out on DVD Tuesday hopefully that'll help in your decisions. :3 I was concerned that I harped a bit too much on the character development, but it did play an integral part in the movie that helped distinguish it even more from similar movies. =\

Also, sidenote, but my internet has had me yelling *bleep* more times than I have in a while on this. It finally let me submit it, and so I was like "alright, cool", and went ahead and processed it. Well apparently, it decided to cut off everything after the first two paragraphs (and a sentence or two of the third) after it was approved, and I had already closed out of it in the tab I was typing it because I saw that it had been submitted. After raging a bit more, I went for the hail mary and ctrl+shift+t until that tab opened back up, and at first the field that I had typed it in was blank, which led to an onslaught of cursing, until the text finally showed up, resulting in me rejoicing. Got it all worked out and everything is good now (other than my internet cutting out, waiting to post this as I type it as I see I don't have internet.....), but man, definitely not the way I wanted end my night.

May 19, 12 at 9:01pm
Chad

Haha, thanks! I did what I could to not spoil too much, but still provide enough information on early scenes and touch on later scenes to give the reader a good idea of things. Thinking about seeing what I can do about adding images to my future movie reviews, but I guess it will depend on the availability of them because I know I'm not gonna purchase any sort of equipment to capture a few myself!

May 19, 12 at 4:34pm
EricF

I really didn't like this movie to be honest. I think graphics-wise, it was excellent but I felt it kind of distracted people from the movie. I liked Andrew's role and how melancholic it felt at the time with his dad being an absolute arsehole. And when he got his own back, I felt so much fury it was great. But overall I felt it was a little lacklustre - when they started throwing vehicles at each other, it took the piss haha. I felt they ran out of ideas towards the end too.

Really solid review though, an enjoyable read and you reminded me of all the scenes in the movie. Very well-written.

May 19, 12 at 1:08am
Chad

Finished! Sitting in the queue, Dark Arcanine or Insanity Prevails or anyone else that wants to take a look at it. Normally I'd approve it myself, but that would just be cheating for my return to user reviewing. :3

Edit: That was fast, haha. Thanks! It's now up and ready for viewing. C&C would be appreciated, considering I'm just getting back into it. :3

May 18, 12 at 11:10pm
Chad

Alright........

So I've been getting more and more into a reviewing mood as of late, but feeling like trying movies. I'll slip in the occasional game (the only ones that I'm planning on buying any time in the future are sports games though, namely FIFA 13 and NBA 2K13), but mainly movies. I kinda got a connection to where I can snag movies on DVD usually four or five days before they are released to the public, and so I'm considering not just doing movie reviews (because I rarely go catch movies in theaters these days =P), but DVD/Blu-Ray reviews, fleshing out the features and everything else included. Won't always be using my connection to do these movies, but will probably make an effort to keep the reviews on movies fairly recent at least.

So yeah, just so you guys aren't caught off guard if suddenly I pop up again with reviews. Currently got this Chronicle blu-ray sitting here that I'm tempted to dive into, and may just do that right now. Can't promise the same length or quality really, as I'm just getting back into it, but I'll do what I can. ^__^

May 29, 10 at 5:04am
Alyssa

I'm surprised you didn't think of Wordpad in the first place. That, or Google Chrome...

quote Insanity Prevails
I thought you'd forgotten about reviewing after this considerable gap.
Was about to say, were you going to pull an Aevers?