Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Asus EAH3870 TOP Review posted » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 01, 08 at 9:30am
VeGiTAX2

quote Tweaker
Argh to me feels like price bloatation.
Actually it is, it has been since pretty much the launch. The cards are slowly starting to come down right now, some with rebates bringing it below the MSRP while others hang high.

Hopefully the inflation quits being so bothersome and they kick down the prices. With 8800GT's at $241 the 3870 starts to get stiff competition. (Yes I'm talking about the 512 model not the 256, why someone would go for 1/2 the ram is beyond me given how easily these games cap out texture memory now)

Dec 29, 07 at 8:31am
Candle

once again i am not impressed, it struggles agaisnt the 8800GTS 320 at times and looses most of the time to the 8800GT 256mb model. Its a 2900XT with a new name and similar preformance practiclly and the 2900XT failed to impress anyone so why should the HD 3870, AMD needs to pull there head out and work on something worthwhile before they launch another disapointment.

Dec 28, 07 at 9:03pm
Tweaker

Another good Pro-consumer review, thanks again Kspiess for the good read. I wish Amd dropped the price a little more to make the price/performance more relevant to how the 3850/3870 perform unless its driver error where they could actually correct the performance and justify the the near 8800gt price for less than that performance. But they are still great cards for the price just to me the 3850 would be a better buy than the 3870 if strapped on cash then you got the 8800gt which would be the better buy if you saved a couple more clams to put down vs the 3870. Argh to me feels like price bloatation.

Dec 27, 07 at 11:33pm
VeGiTAX2

Trying to, it's really odd to see how some of these cards are performing though in tests. Sometimes they come up high, other times the 3850 comes up higher. @_@ hopefully some level of stability can come around for all this.

I'm still interested in the AMD / NVIDIA config files in Crysis, only to see what benefits / caps come out of all this since it could even mean that owners might be able to get some additional engine optimizations out of it all.

Dec 27, 07 at 9:06pm
kspiess

Today Neoseeker published a review of the Asus EAH3870 TOP.

We tested the card against some 8800 GT's (256 and 512's), a new 8800 GTS, and some others.

And you can find that review right

I hope everyone had a Merry Xmas and is cramming some solid video gaming in, during any breaks from school or work.

Kevin