Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Asus EN8800 GTS T.o.P 512MB Review up » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 11, 07 at 1:57pmkspiess

Hi guys,

If you're wondering how the new G92 based 8800 GTS stacks up, we got you covered.

As you might've guessed, this card isn't all that slow at all ]:^0 .

Hope all is good.
Kevin

A new GTS: the 8800 GTS 512

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 19, 07 at 9:22pm
kspiess

Hrhhmm thats a bit odd. I'll check on this in a cpl of hours and get back to you on that. Thanks for posting...

-=> My shader speeds were WRONG. 1800 is the correct speed. I fixed this in the original review. Sorry for any confusion.

This message was edited by kspiess on Dec 20 2007.

Dec 18, 07 at 9:32am
MaTr1x38

Nice review m8 I'm thinking of buying one of these factory overclocked ones like the Asus, BFG, XFX or MSI.

But do you have a screenshot of the speeds of the Asus 8800GTS 512MB TOP? Since the core and shader speeds you mention for this card aren't the same as what other sites mention.

Usually the Asus 8800GTS 512MB TOP has these speeds:
Core: 740Mhz
Shaders: 1800Mhz
Memory: 2070Mhz

Compared to your ratings:
Core: 745Mhz
Shaders: 2008Mhz
Memory: 2070Mhz

Sources: driverheaven and hardwarezone.

Dec 12, 07 at 5:27am
kspiess

Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated.

I had a few errors in the review that I'm grateful no one seemed to notice! I fixed those up, and also spent many hours today on getting an additional look at the XFX 8800 GTS card as well.

Thanks for the comments on the benches. I'm going to be adding probably 2 more games and I still want to do something to measure video decoding as well.

Dec 11, 07 at 9:41pm
Iceguy2003

I'm waiting on the 9-series, myself. That's not saying that I wouldn't love to have an 8800GTS in my system. World in Conflict is a kick ass game. Brings my PC down to 15fps in heavy action.

Dec 11, 07 at 7:27pm
Tweaker

Good read and I love the choice of benchmarks now adays.

Man o man I wish I had more of the hardware itch atm for new parts cause that gts is lookin good...

Dec 11, 07 at 6:46pm
calvary1980

I am impressed with this card, this seems to be a more rounded 8800GT but I think with it's $300-400 price range and poor bundle it should be targeted at high resolution gamers would of liked to see the temps on this card to justify the dual slot cooler, you can't help but wonder if the GTX is next for a G92 upgrade.

- Christine

Dec 11, 07 at 1:57pm
kspiess

Hi guys,

If you're wondering how the new G92 based 8800 GTS stacks up, we got you covered.

As you might've guessed, this card isn't all that slow at all ]:^0 .

Hope all is good.
Kevin