Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Playstation Network » PS3 - Online Setup Instructions » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Nov 19, 07 at 1:38amSS4Gogeta

You MUST have a high speed Internet connection. Dial up will NOT work. You will need your logon ID (the ID you log into the service with) and your password.

1. Determine your high speed Internet connection.
a. Cable Modem provided by a Cable Company.
b. DSL service provided by a telecom company.

2. Determine your PS3's access to your high speed Internet.
c. Wired using an Ethernet cable (8-conductor Cat-5)
d. Wireless requiring no cable to the PS3. **

3. Choosing a router. (If you have one connected & working, skip to number 5.)
If you will be using option "c." I recommend you choose a wireless router with at least 4 ports. In case you have a PSP or get a wireless ready device later you are already set up to go.
If you are going the wireless route "d", I recommend the same in case you need to plug a device in directly.

4. "a" Cable modem setup. From your cable box there is an Ethernet cable that plugs into your PC. Locate but don't do anything yet! Follow the "Installation Instructions" that came with your router. Once it is installed and working properly go to step "5."
"b" DSL provided by Telco. From your DSL modem there is an Ethernet cable that plugs into your PC. Locate but don't do anything yet! Follow the "Installation Instructions" that came with your router. Once it is installed and working properly go to step "5."

5. Click: Wireless or Wired, the connection method you chose. The PS3 is supplied with one (1) Ethernet cord, you may need an additional one.
  • If your PS3 does not support wireless and you can not wire it you will need a Wireless Access Point, commonly referred to as a "WAP". Once you have one follow the setup instructions (very simple) and click the "Wired" link above.
Here is a pic of my WAP connecting to a 360.

If you need additional clarification or I missed something let me know and I'll edit this post to include it.

Sony PS3 Knowledge Center

Easy Configuration Setup

Error Codes

How to Obtain Service

Please contact SCEA Consumer Services for technical assistance with a PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

SCEA Consumer Services
1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Monday - Saturday 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM PST
Sunday 7:00 - AM 6:30 PM PST
Or contact us online.

For customers outside the U.S. & Canada, please visit PlayStation® Global at www.playstation.com for more information.

[color=#666666]This message was edited by SS4Gogeta on Aug 09 2010.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 08, 13 at 9:07pm
isreal_oneal

Can you get online with mobile hotspot and play the game online please answer this ?

Dec 06, 13 at 3:08pm
sjdskjflkzsdf

Nov 02, 13 at 7:07am
quickkick324

need help bad

Nov 02, 13 at 7:05am
quickkick324

ok I have Internet set up and just made new account on ps3 I got online on black ops2 and it says that the Internet restrictions are on and turned every possible restriction off but still won't let me play online

Mar 10, 13 at 12:23pm
Hogzfan83

I setup my acct but when i put game in my ps3 and start game, once game comes on and i select play online, it asks for my acct info again(user name and email). When i enter the info, i get the email acct already used

Aug 04, 12 at 12:26pm
bijay

i had this id i was using before to play online games but recently i forgot my password and i dont kno how to change this email id. with another one... any idea

Apr 16, 12 at 9:40am
panda master267

it keeps saying this service is currently undergoing service and i press x and i get stuck

Nov 09, 11 at 7:55pm
Cmm

I did mine through auto set up which worked fine but will the download speed differ between auto set up and manual setup?

Aug 10, 10 at 1:31am
SS4Gogeta

quote coby234
ok, I'm trying to sign into playstation network, but it says you have been signed out of playstation network- error (80710092), that's when I tried to sign in manually, when I first got on and my system was doing it automatically for me, the error number was 80710D23, what are these errors associated with, it can't be a connection issue, cause I have that, I have a game from psn that is still downloading despite this, and aslo, I can't download a game update for assassin;s creed 2 for some reason, yet my system will download this network game, albeit at a very slow pace, but still, and my signal strength is about 55-66%, I just don't understand. Oh, and the same thing is for system updates, no matter how long I let my system sit at the update screen it will stay at 0% the whole time, so for the last 2 system updates I've been forced to use a flash drive, luckily they worked. and when you say hi speed is required, is a wireless netgear rangemax router good enough, I've been having slow internet issues, would psn support satellite internet?
Welcome to Neoseeker. Turning off Media Server Connection works, which is in "Settings>Network Settings>Media Server Connection" and "DISABLE".

Edit: That second error code will clear after you power off the PS3 for 30 minutes. Use the power toggle not the standby.

Good luck.

Aug 09, 10 at 5:36pm
coby234

ok, I'm trying to sign into playstation network, but it says you have been signed out of playstation network- error (80710092), that's when I tried to sign in manually, when I first got on and my system was doing it automatically for me, the error number was 80710D23, what are these errors associated with, it can't be a connection issue, cause I have that, I have a game from psn that is still downloading despite this, and aslo, I can't download a game update for assassin;s creed 2 for some reason, yet my system will download this network game, albeit at a very slow pace, but still, and my signal strength is about 55-66%, I just don't understand. Oh, and the same thing is for system updates, no matter how long I let my system sit at the update screen it will stay at 0% the whole time, so for the last 2 system updates I've been forced to use a flash drive, luckily they worked. and when you say hi speed is required, is a wireless netgear rangemax router good enough, I've been having slow internet issues, would psn support satellite internet?