Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » BFG 8800 GT OC Review posted! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 29, 07 at 12:13pmkspiess

Yup -- that's a 8800 GT OC.

Check it out.

Really speedy card for an affordable price.

I'm beat, and I'm going to bed. Goodnight !

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 01, 09 at 2:07pm
Jon

EDIT: The exact card I'm talking about is the 512 OC version.

Apr 01, 09 at 2:05pm
Jon

Hey

I was wondering whether anyone knows the maximum resolution for this card is?

Thanks

Nov 17, 08 at 12:49am
Iceguy2003

Yep, it is pretty crazy. And the 8800GT is still a nice card, and you can't go wrong with getting one for $50.

Nov 16, 08 at 5:52pm
time traveller

I just bought a 8800gt oc for $50. Amazing what a difference a year makes.
cheers

Nov 01, 07 at 10:44pm
axforts2212

hehe, well just let us know when you have a date and or price

Nov 01, 07 at 10:22pm
kspiess

No worries!

Also just one more little rumor I heard first-hand from someone earlier today: it looks like the revised 8800 gts / 8900 gt (my guess!) might be coming closer to the end of November, or even early December (which works out for you, I guess )

My source said that Nvidia just isn't able to manufacture enough product in time to beat (or meet) the RV670 to market... and they are also quite busy making gazillions of 8800 GT's (which are selling like absolute crazy).

Nov 01, 07 at 6:39am
Candle

the 8800GT does prove something alot of us suspected, the frame buffer cant be feed fast enough by the GPU. This quite obvious with the fact a 512mb 256bit card did on average alot better than a 320bit 640mb 8800GTS. The added shader's allowed it to use the framebuffer a little better, it also points to another fact worth noting, the 320bit, and 384bit, and the 512bit bus's on the highend cards might be to big for these cards to actully handle effectivlly untill they have more raw power in the GPU to feed the framebuffer.

Nov 01, 07 at 12:11am
axforts2212

OK thanks a lot man hopefully that "8900GT" will be available for sub 350 bucks If not well hehe, Id probably have to find some extra cash.

Nov 01, 07 at 12:08am
kspiess

One more thing: although everyone is referring to the upcoming nvidia release as the 'revised 8800 gts' I think there is a strong chance they will end up changing the name (so too many people don't get confused with the similar models).

Maybe it'll end up being a 8900 GT?

I can't see them sticking with the 8800 GTS name.

Nov 01, 07 at 12:03am
kspiess

Not too much is known. All the NVIDIA guys I talked to in California were pretty mum about it.

Besides the additional stream processors, it looks like the new g92 / 8800 gts will have a reduced 256 bit memory interface (contrary to my last post). So it looks like the new GTS will come in 512mb and 1 gig varieties.

The 1 gig 8800 gts should out-perform a current 8800 gtx by a decent margin, and should also be available for less.

It'll be pci-e 2.00, but that really isn't much of a big deal. It'll more be a factor a year+ plus from now. PCI-e 1.00 offers enough bandwidth for the next while with 16x pci-e lanes on your mobo.

By the way guys, also from I heard today from someone else, the RV670 (upcoming hd 3800 ati release) looks like it'll offer less performance than a 8800 GT, but will retail for about 50$ less.

For your situation axforts, you'll probably be most interested in the new 8800 gts 1 gb version.

NVIDIA will probably try to take some of the fire out of the launch of the RV670 by launching it on the same day. (Which is, according to SOME RUMORS, about 3 weeks away).