Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind » Main Quest » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

The Elder Scrolls Online logo Adoring Fan TESO Dragon Knight TESO Aldmeri Dominion TESO Daggerfall Covenant TESO Ebonheart Pact TESO Nightblade Nightingales Symbol Chorrol Shield Conjuration Symbol Skingrad Shield Leyawiin Shield Kvatch Shield Bravil Shield Cheydinhal Shield Bruma Shield Whiterun Shield Illusion Symbol Oblivion Logo TESO Altmer TESO Argonian TESO Bosmer TESO Breton TESO Dunmer TESO Khajiit TESO Nord TESO Orc TESO Redguard TESO Sorcerer TESO Templar

hideOriginal Post

Oct 07, 07 at 1:21pmKompi

Ive comed to the part where i'm supposed to be named nevaraine or war leader for all the tribes. Im at Zainab but i cant talk to wise woman or that other dude about nevarain and that stuff.( i can talk to them, but not about quest)
Hope anyone can help or explain

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 17, 12 at 1:51pm
Guest34567

sorry make that a little clearer the urshilaku camp vanished,gone,capoot lol i cant do anything now i didnt get anything about your path is blocked or you killed the wrong person just went in got the ring went back to nothing lol

Jul 17, 12 at 1:49pm
Guest34567

Ok so im really pissed right now.... I finally got to the part in the main quest were i become the neveranine( cant spell it) i finally got the ring and it told me return to whats her name to continue... So i make my way back the the whole freakin tribe is gone i can still see it on the map but the whole village dissapeared? WTF? I tried going to the houses but they dont see me as the nevarine neither does the tribes because i need the teeth. So yea i am pretty much f***ed in that category because the wise woman is gone.... can anyone help me please

Dec 01, 07 at 12:10pm
Ashlander_ITA

I've followed your suggestions, very kind, but nothing happens: yes, journal was updated (I've tried all the indexes 1,5,20,30) but the same message occurs when I kill Vivec. Don't know the (maybe) new reactions from the NPCs, didn't try. Danso Indules still knows I've already spoken with the archcanon, maybe the key is there...
Thanks anyway

Nov 30, 07 at 10:13pm
The Luddite

The game does sometimes leave a quest open when you accidentally finish it early, or finish it even before it was assigned to you. Sometimes it even leaves them open when you do everything exactly like it expects you to. (I don't think I have ever succeeded in getting the Cloudcleaver quest out of my open quests.) I have ever had those open quests cause me any issues, but I have also never experienced the specific problem you are having.

There may be a single journal entry that is missing and is triggering that reaction from the NPCs. If you are on PC, there is a way to add journal entries if you know the journal ID and index number for the specific entry you want to add. I don't know which message is missing in your case, but if you are on PC, and do want to try to get the journal entry added, then here is some information that might help you.

The console command you would use to add a journal entry is

Journal, ID, index

where "ID" is the journal ID for the quest and "index" is the index number of the specific journal entry for that quest that you want to add to the journal.

I think the journal ID for the quest you are describing is "B8_MeetVivec". The journal entries at or around that part of the quest where you took a short-cut, and their corresponding index numbers are:

Index = 1
Athyn Sarethi gave me a sealed package containing a message sent on behalf of Archcanon Saryoni, High Archcanon of Vivec. In the event that I become both Hortator of the three Great Houses and Nerevarine of the four Ashlander tribes, Saryoni invites me to a private meeting to consider my claims. Once I am Hortator and Nerevarine, I should speak with the healer of the High Fane of Vivec, Danso Indules, to arrange the meeting.

Index = 5
The archcanon is in his private quarters, and he wants to speak with me, but I must avoid confrontations with the Ordinators at all costs, because spilling the blood of faithful servants of the Temple will make a reconciliation more difficult. The archcanon has spoken with the High Fane Ordinators, but if I am a wanted criminal, they may try to arrest me.

Index = 20
The Ordinators guarding the High Fane know that I have come to meet with Saryoni. They warned me not to break the law, or they will take swift action.

Index = 30
Archcanon Saryoni has suggested that the Temple's policy concerning the Nerevarine might change, and has arranged a private meeting with Lord Vivec. He gave me two keys: one to the private back entrance to his quarters, the other to a locked entrance to Lord Vivec's palace. He says the Ordinators are not under his control, and asks that I avoid them. Lord Vivec is expecting me, and perhaps I shouldn't keep him waiting.

So, for example, to add that second entry to your journal, the one that starts "The archcanon is in his private quarters," you would need to open the console and type in:

Journal, B8_MeetVivec, 5

I can't say that I have ever used the command myself, so I can't promise it will work as I gave it to you, but from what I have been able to learn from a couple of different sources, that should be the right command. Hope it helps.

Nov 29, 07 at 10:14pm
Ashlander_ITA

Thank you, I really think you're right, but I also think my problem in another one: a bug in the game. When I was told to meet archcanon Tholer Saryoni in High Fane, Vivec, like Hortator and Neveravine, I did this directly, without the previous meeting with a priest (or something like that, I don't remember): I've just found the archcanon while investigating high fane, so I've started speaking with it. After, I did everything good: learning how to use wraithguard, wearing the tools, destroying the heart and Dagoth Ur, receiving the Azura Star and freeing Vvardenfell from blight. Now, anyway, many important characters in the main quest want me to go speaking with Saryoni, "really concerned because I fail to meet it and fulfill the prophecies". THIS IS REALLY REALLY BAD even if I KNOW Dagoth Ur is dead and the Main Quest is closed (or not?). This is the reason why I think the program doesn't recognize the quest ended when I kill Vivec. Am I right? What do you think about it? Is there something that can be done to fix this? Thanks as usual

Nov 28, 07 at 8:34pm
The Luddite

I suspect you are getting that message only because Vivec is important to finishing the main quest. If you have already finished the main quest (destroyed the Heart of Lorkhan, killed Dagoth Ur, and been through the final cut scene with Azura), then I don't think Vivec has any further critical purpose in the game. I have played all the way through more than once, and played all the way through both of the expansion sets after finishing the main quest, and cannot recall ever needing Vivec again for anything. I would say to save your game, just to be safe, but if you want to kill Vivec, do it!

Nov 28, 07 at 5:37pm
Ashlander_ITA

Regarding Vivec, I must ask this: I've killed Dagoth Ur, and now I think Killing Vivec It would be a good thing for the Neveravine as I am. But, done this Morrowind aware me with the same, terrorist alert: "killing this character the prophecy is severed... and so on... load a save game or stay in this doomed world you have created... or something like this. Is this a bug, or something else must be done again in the main quest? I also notice some quest I've completed stay open in the diary...

Nov 18, 07 at 4:05am
mythbuster009

Also, you can just go directly to Vivec and skip the whole thing. I accidentally killed a Hlaalu Counselor, I couldn't do that part, so I went to Vivec and it was as if it never happened. Also, don't kill him until AFTER he teaches you how to use the Dwemmer gauntlet, it saves a lot of time and effort.

Nov 10, 07 at 11:11pm
ShadowJ

You haven't spoken to the ashkhan of the Urshilaku camp to get the teeth hence why you have the other 3 and not all 4 tribes you need.

Also each ashkhan needs to have around 70-80 disposition...or you need to them a favour (quest) to gain their trust.

For example the Zainab ashkhan asks you to find him a Telvanni Bride.

Also you have two Hortator items, not three, the last is the belt. Remember there are 3 great houses (Hlaalu, Telvanni and Redoran)

Nov 10, 07 at 9:51pm
Ashlander_ITA

Hello Kompi. You must find out all 4 ashlander camps and ask to be named their leader. You must refer to the most important person in every camp (it's easy to do); sometimes the response is easily positive, some other times you are asked to do something (a quest, a favor) to reach that goal. Camps are situated N and E in the main map. Good luck!