Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Digimon World: Dawn » Dawn/Dusk Tips and Tricks » Post Reply

Note to Guests: ***If you are requesting a battle, please post in this thread exclusively.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 05, 07 at 2:49ammettaur

Know of any tips/tricks that would be useful for your fellow tamers? Share it with us! I'll update the first post constantly .

Post in this thread only if:
  • You want to contribute a tip/trick
  • You have questions on the existing tips/tricks.

This is NOT a General Help thread. Do NOT ask for a tip/trick to be posted.

Tips/Tricks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Level Cap Gain by Degenerating:
    Mega -> Ultimate = 5 levels
    Ultimate -> Champion = 4 levels
    Champion -> Rookie = 2 levels
    Rookie -> In-Training = 1 level

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

DNA Degeneration:

You CAN degenerate a DNA Digivolved digimon.

Let's take...Alphamon for example, since I've done it with him.

Here are the requirements to DNA digivolve into Alphamon:
    - Magna Angemon + DoruGreymon
    - Magnamon + DoruGreymon
    - MagnaAngemon + Magnamon
    (Lv61+, Holy EXP45000+, Spirit 400+)

Suppose that Alphamon doesn't have an evolution line just for explanation's sake. You can DNA degenerate Alphamon into any one of the 3 ingredient digimon's line. All you need to do is have a previous form of the ingredient digimon.

If you want to DNA Degenerate into Magnamon, you need to DNA digivolve Alphamon with Veemon.
    If you want to DNA Degenerate into MagnaAngemon, you need to DNA digivolve Alphamon with Angemon.
    If you want to DNA Degenerate into DoruGreymon, you need to DNA digivolve Alphamon with Dorugamon.

Say you want to go into MagnaAngemon's line. Angemon will need to have fulfilled the requirements to "digivolve" into the respective Ultimate level digimon. As an example, if you want to DNA degenerate Alphamon into MagnaAngemon, you need Angemonto have [Lv34+, Spr 160+, Holy EXP3100+] - The requirements for Angemon to digivolve into MagnaAngemon. THEN you can DNA Digivolve Alphamon with Angemon.

Personalities:
    Did you know? Digimon's personality changes when it degenerates/digivolves. It also changes when you digiconvert the digimon.

Soft Reset:
    Hold down L+R+Select+Start

Unlocking Shadow Abyss in Dawn:
    Have Lazy Megiddramon in your farm, then go to the Dragon Species counter in Shine Center to activate the quest.
    OR
    Have Cool Vikemon in your farm, then go to the Aquan Species counter in Shine Center to activate the quest.
    Either of the above will unlock Shadow Abyss.

Unlocking Highlight Heaven in Dusk:
    Have Cool MegaGargomon in your farm, then go to the Beast Species counter in Shine Center to activate the quest.
    OR
    Have Cool KingChessmon in your farm, then go to the Machine Species counter in Shine Center to activate the quest.
    Either of the above will unlock Highlight Heaven.

Stats Training:

It's best to degenerate/digivolve at higher levels when you're doing stat-training. This way, you can gain more stats per degeneration/digivolution.

Requirements to unlock the Legend Tamer Union Quest:
    - Beat Gaia Origin Challenge
    - Platinum Tamer
    - Communicated via WiFi or Wireless at least once.

DE Locations:

Courage: Palette Amazon
    Friendship: Access Glacier
    Honesty (Reliability): Loop Swamp – Dark Area
    Kindness: Register Jungle – Dark Area
    Light: Underground Tunnel – Dark Area
    Love: 2nd Union Quest Reward
    Miracles: Login Mountain – Dark Area
    Purity (Sincerity): Limit Valley – Dark Area

Note: Dark Area = Go through the dark portals.

Exclusive Areas:
    Dawn - Task Canyon
    Dusk - Magnetic Quarry and Process Factory

Dawn Farm Quest digimon list:

Holy
    - Lazy Tapirmon
    - Lazy Starmon
    - Lazy Monzaemon

Dragon
    - Cool Dinohumon
    - Scared Growlmon
    - Cool Veedramon
    - Prissy MetalGreymon
    - Lazy Megidramon

Aquan
    - Scared Gomamon
    - Cool Gwappamon
    - Prissy Octomon
    - Lazy ShogunGekomon
    - Cool Vikemon

Bird
    - Lazy Saberdramon
    - Wild Peckmon
    - Cool Karatenmon

Dusk Farm Quest digimon list:

Dark type
    - Lazy Tsukaimon
    - Scared DarkTyrannomon
    - Wild Vajramon

Beast type
    - Wild Ogremon
    - Wild Grizzmon
    - Lazy Leomon
    - Lazy Mammothmon
    - Cool MegaGargomon

Mutant/Machine type
    - Lazy Guardromon
    - Cool Andromon
    - Scared Mamemon
    - Graceful PrinceMamemon
    - Cool KingChessmon

Insect/Plant type
    - Graceful Floramon
    - Cool Woodmon
    - Lazy Okuwamon

Proxy Island Union Quest - Leveling Trick:

Take any Digimon you want masses of experience for, but have at least three strong ones in the main slots. Any remaining slots should be occupied by weaker Digimon. Now, go to Proxy Island and fight every random battle on the way to the bosses. Defeat Gaiomon for 9,400 Dragon EXP, then let GranDracmon defeat you. This resets the Gaiomon fight, so you can do it again.

Happiness wil be lowered, though, but if you finish every random battle on the way to Gaiomon, you can hopefully get it back before you get to Gaiomon again.

Gaia Origin battle order:

1) Duftmon + Sleipmon
    2) Apocalymon
    3) Susanoomon
    4) ZeedMilleniummon
    5) Alphamon + Omnimon
    6) Beelzemon Blast Mode
    7) Gallantmon Crimson Mode

Armor Digivolutions:
    For Patamon:
    Pipismon: Patamon + DigiEgg of Love (Patamon at Lv21+ with 100 or more Speed Stat)
    Punchomon: Patamon + DigiEgg of Sincerity (Patamon at Lv 23+ with 2000 or more Dark EXP)
    Prairiemon: Patamon + DigEgg of Kindness (Patamon at Lv27+ with 135 or more Attack Stat)
    For Gatomon:
    Lynxmon: Tailmon/Gatomon + DigiEgg of Courage (Tailmon at Lv29+ with 130 or more Speed Stat)
    Kabukimon: Tailmon/Gatomon + DigiEgg of Sincerity (Tailmon at Lv31+ with 2000 or more Insect/Plant EXP)
    Tylomon: Tailmon/Gatomon + DigiEgg of Reliability (Tailmon at Lv27+ with 2200 or more Aquan EXP)
    For Hawkmon:
    Shurimon: Hawkmon + Digiegg of Sincerity (Hawkmon at Lv22 and above with 800 or more Insect/Plant EXP.)
    Allomon: Hawkmon + Digiegg of Courage (Hawkmon at Lv21 and above with 110 or more Attack Stat)
    Toucanmon: Hawkmon + Digiegg of Kindness (Hawkmon at Lv20 and above with 105 or more Defense Stat)
    For Armadillomon:
    Kenkimon: Armadillomon + DigiEgg of Friendship (Armadillomon at Lv24+ with 2300 or more Machine EXP)
    Seahomon: Armadillomon + DigiEgg of Light (Armadillomon at Lv27+ with 2700 or more Dragon EXP)
    For Veemon:
    Flamedramon: Veemon + DigiEgg of Courage (Veemon at Lv22+ with 2500 or more Dragon EXP)
    Magnamon: Veemon + DigiEgg of Miracles (Veemon at Lv 40+ with 10000 or more Holy EXP)
    For Wormmon:
    Shadramon: Wormmon + DigiEgg of Courage (Wormmon at Lv30+ with 6000 or more Dark EXP)
    Owlmon: Wormmon + DigiEgg of Love (Wormmon at Lv21 & above with 110 or more Spirit Stat)
    Kongoumon: Wormmon + DigiEgg of Miracles (Wormmon at Lv32+ with 190 or more Attack Stat)

Hatching Eggs:
    You know when you have eggs like the Oriental Egg that hatch into more than one digimon? Well, when I wanted Susanoomon from that egg, when the egg was ready to hatch, I saved and hatched the egg until I got a Susanoomon =)

# of Digimon:
    The total number of digimon you can have at once in the game is 40.
    A farm can hold up to 8 digimon each, and you can have up to 4 farm islands. Your party can hold 6 digimon (3 main and 3 reserves).

Faster Day Cycle:
    To get through farm days faster, put only one Digimon in your farm island. Not just one on each, but like you have four farm islands, so you would put one Digimon on one island. Then, the Digimon will start doing independent training, making the farm day go by faster =D

Finding Friend Codes:
    You have to connect to the Internet within the game first before you can get your friend code. To do that, go to the Digicolosseum and choose one of the the online options (Friend Matching, Random Matching, Friend Battle). After you connect and are searching you can disconnect and should be able to confirm your friend code from the main menu.

This message was edited by mettaur_15 on Dec 08 2007.
  • Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 20, 12 at 4:35pm
    BludSuckingKat

quote DigiFan134
    need a good tip : where can i quickly get lvl ups
    cause i want Sleipmon but that takes for hours ... its now lvl 54
    just had passing the final quest
    thanks for an answer and i need it qiuck ^^
    Give it an EXP Ring and then take it along with some really strong (60+) digimon to Transfield and just battle like crazy. You'll rack up EXP in no time.

Aug 20, 12 at 4:33pm
    BludSuckingKat

There's this purple-looking place below Highlight Heaven on the Dusk World Map, can someone tell me what it is and how to unlock access to it?
    Oh, and where is Shadow Abyss? I've finished the main storyline of my game, but I can't find that on my map.

Jul 22, 12 at 2:14am
    DigiFan134

need a good tip : where can i quickly get lvl ups
    cause i want Sleipmon but that takes for hours ... its now lvl 54
    just had passing the final quest
    thanks for an answer and i need it qiuck ^^

Apr 05, 10 at 12:25am
    Brazil Hater

wilfredo:

You can't. The area that the gate were supposed to take you to was removed from the game before the release. If you use a "walk anywhere" code, you'll saee that the gate does not work.

This also applies to the barriers in the dark areas. Even after completing 100% of the quests they won't disappear; my guess is that the dark area was supposed to be a giant maze connecting every are in the game and it would be too confusing to navigate if you were free to go anywhere.

Poke_Fan:

While in Pokémon making eggs just required to leave two Pokémon on the day-care, in this game the only way to make eggs is to connect with another player by local or Wi-Fi and use the matching function. The eggs are instantly made and you have to leave them in the farm to level up. When they're ready to hatch, just check the egg and a random digimon out of a list for every egg will be born. You can soft-reset before checking if the digimon isn't what you want or need. This is the way to obtain the version exclusives.

---

Now for my questions (altought I know the competitive is dead and by the time I eventually raise a team the next version will be up and nobody will play this anymore:

- By how much the best rings increase the evasion and critical hit rate?

- By how much the moves that decrease resistances reduces said stats? Does it stack with multiple uses? Dark Magic Square decrease all the resistances by the same amount?

- What is the fastest way to level-up after the Legendary Quest?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 03, 10 at 2:31am
    wilfredo

how do you get past the starmon in the digicolosem

Sep 07, 09 at 5:57am
    andyyilong

hmm... The Thread Necromancer... RETURNS!
    I should get a Dianamon pic to go with that...

Match.

Aug 30, 08 at 6:18pm
    Poke_Fan

quote mettaur_15
    Hatching Eggs:
    You know when you have eggs like the Oriental Egg that hatch into more than one digimon? Well, when I wanted Susanoomon from that egg, when the egg was ready to hatch, I saved and hatched the egg until I got a Susanoomon =)
    Where can we find the eggs?

Aug 22, 08 at 8:32am
    HiKaRi

quote digiM
    how do you get a dark DE
    You don't.

Aug 21, 08 at 6:03am
    digiM

how do you get a dark DE

Jul 01, 08 at 2:57pm
    Dance_of_the_sun

Um.. crazidragon? I think your egg guide is very useful and I don't know how but I got a baby egg by matching a betamon and a palmon, but when I matched them again I either got a green digiegg or a blue digiegg.