Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » .hack // G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption » Holy Crap, It's CUBIA! - And the Forest of Pain(Spoilers) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 15, 07 at 5:54pmSpartan 0021

Yes, I am currently attempting to kill Cubia. First, Avatar Battles:
Cubia Alpha - A small white, skullish looking Cubia maskthing attached to some sort of string-like thing going into a pore of his body. Releases a few clouds of easily defeated Gomoras. Rush up and attack him about 2 times and he dies, however he gets in roughly 1 shot of "Ectoplasm" on you. You face him 3 or 4 more times.
Cubia Beta - More annoying. Has the same general headshape of IMOQ Cubia. Releases SWARMS of Gomoras taking 3-4 Charge shots to kill. Has several annoying attacks; one where he releases a cloud of Purple energy balls that come after you, fires purple energy lasers, and my most favorite, Gehema (I think that was it, it was something Gehema i think). Releases a HUGE column of Gomoras at you that take down your health a LOT. Currently going inside of the Cubia .
Inside Cubia - You set together a team, then fight a Doppleganger team of the same people. Beat them and your current team stays there. This happens 3-4 more times, before you get your best Teammates and fight the Cubia Core. The game shuts down, they perform maintenance, you get about a billion emails, you win.
Forest of Pain, here i come!

This message was edited by Spartan 0021 on Sep 15 2007.

This message was edited by Spartan 0021 on Sep 16 2007.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 03, 11 at 6:57am
Dimitri Blinov

You all are crap, can't defeat me, I'm at level 150 with the best of the best eqiupments, my customizes item will get you down, I'm the strongest PKKer

Oct 06, 07 at 11:32pm
ZLeipzig

crud, i'm only a lvel 136, do u think i could even BARLEY reach Tabby?

Sep 16, 07 at 2:23am
Spartan 0021

Tabby's at 50. Also, for a heads up, Lords Shade lv 30 - 9999 HP but not really too strong if you're at lv 150. And yeah, the Azure Warriors aren't as strong because of their EQ, but i like kite so he's sticking with me. Give Zelkova all the Healing items i get xD.
Eck, you get some pretty damned good items in here.
Fairy Queen's Orb - Infinite uses of Fairies Orb
Pure Pendant (I think) - Infinite uses of 350 full-party heal
DG-Y Guns (Ok, not very good at all)
The bosses stay the same DIFFICULTY the entire way through, but gain a hell of a lot more health. You start out fighting 4000-5000 HP Vol 1 Rebirth Area Bosses, evolves through Reminisce 7000+ Vol 3 Redemption bosses. All with increased defense. So while you move up, the increased defense becomes more and more, and the battles consume more time while being of the same difficulty (And easier since Azure Kite is now Lv 146-ish and Zelkova became 150, they started at 138 and 149 respectively), they just become a colossal waste of time. Cernunnos is NOT on Floor 50 (The guide i was reading was based on the Japanese Version), nor floors 55 or 60. (I'm stopping at 60 for today, I'm leaving early tomorrow and will be gone most of the day.) The 4floor missions become even more annoying, and i just can't wait to beat the One Sin again. Luckily there are still savespots every 5 floors lol xD

NOTE about the Forest of Pain: The forest of pain's blocks are almost always this way. Out of the 60 levels i encountered, only a few deviated from this pattern.
1) Come out from the floor above. Go straight until you reach the next room. Using the room you came out of as "straight", there will either be a door to the left or the right (Sometimes both) in the next 1-2 rooms. Take this left/right (I personally choose right when there are both). Use this room as a basis for "straight" again, and go through another 1-2 rooms and you will find another Right.left. Take it and you will be at the entrance to the next block. If you look at the Minimap, it looks like a Semicircle.
<-=
00|
>-= Sometimes they have deviations but go like this
OR
>-=00000>-=-=
00|0000000|-=-
<-=00000<-=
That is how the general way out is, = means a room usually with a monster, - and | means a corridor like room, and 0 is a placeholder (Means nothing).
However, if you always go in a Semicircle, you will reach the end. I also suggest completing the Race the Goblins mission because they give you Demon Safe Boots, which make you perma smoke screen (Monsters can't see you ever, and you can kick open boxes). And the items from Doppleganger, his armor has 75% melee damage, 75% magic damage, and SP Armor (All hits will be taken out of SP until you have 0 SP). Then he also has the accessory, which REGENERATES your HP and SP.

Sep 15, 07 at 9:22pm
Lightsource

A little advice, the azure warriors are weak...dont use them. I would personally go with a party of level 150 Haseo, Zelkova, and Kuhn. Kuhns fully upped lost weapon is just...really powerful when he uses arts =) Though you could go with anyone really, just that the Azure Warriors may be really cool looking, but their defense/equip cant be adjusted and it starts around 100 when your already over 150 on your guys. The Azure Knights are gained after beating the game btw. Also as an added bonus, it seems when you clear the FOP you gain Tabby...however im still 65 floors from the end so i cant be sure just yet. Though it seems shes part of the kill Cerrunos quest and shes part of your reward for clearing it.

Sep 15, 07 at 8:28pm
Feather of Warrior

So your already at 140 huh? hey when do you get the AzureKnights? is it after you beat cubia or before?

Sep 15, 07 at 8:08pm
Spartan 0021

Level 140 - 10 more levels until i tackle the FoP with Zelkova and Azure Kite. Forest of Pain, be prepared to get beaten!
(I'll probably save, then try it by myself afterwards xD)

Sep 15, 07 at 6:48pm
Feather of Warrior

SWEET! I can't wait to take him down now!

Sep 15, 07 at 5:54pm
Spartan 0021

Yes, I am currently attempting to kill Cubia. First, Avatar Battles:
Cubia Alpha - A small white, skullish looking Cubia maskthing attached to some sort of string-like thing going into a pore of his body. Releases a few clouds of easily defeated Gomoras. Rush up and attack him about 2 times and he dies, however he gets in roughly 1 shot of "Ectoplasm" on you. You face him 3 or 4 more times.
Cubia Beta - More annoying. Has the same general headshape of IMOQ Cubia. Releases SWARMS of Gomoras taking 3-4 Charge shots to kill. Has several annoying attacks; one where he releases a cloud of Purple energy balls that come after you, fires purple energy lasers, and my most favorite, Gehema (I think that was it, it was something Gehema i think). Releases a HUGE column of Gomoras at you that take down your health a LOT. Currently going inside of the Cubia .
Inside Cubia - You set together a team, then fight a Doppleganger team of the same people. Beat them and your current team stays there. This happens 3-4 more times, before you get your best Teammates and fight the Cubia Core. The game shuts down, they perform maintenance, you get about a billion emails, you win.
Forest of Pain, here i come!

This message was edited by Spartan 0021 on Sep 15 2007.