Telltale confirmed today that The Wolf Among Us, the episodic adventure game based off of the Fables graphic novels, has a release date for Episode 1: Faith. Yes, starting this Friday on PC and Xbox 360 gamers will be able to take on the role of Bigby Wolf performing his daily duties as Sheriff of Fabletown. Expect a mature detective story featuring many familiar faces, each completely different than how you imagined them.
Also provided was a list of featured in The Wolf Among Us, which should help differentiate the game from its Walking Dead predecessor:
- Your choices matter: it’s not only WHAT you choose to do that will affect how your story plays out, but WHEN you choose to do it
- A mature and gritty take on characters from fairytales, legends and folklore who have escaped into our world. These are not the characters you’d see on a little child’s lunchbox.
- Play as Bigby Wolf: formerly the most feared monster among the Fables, now Sheriff of Fabletown and protector of those he used to hunt. He must restrain the beast within if he is to earn the trust of those around him.
- Choose Bigby’s actions carefully. Will you approach a situation calmly or unleash your inner rage? The way you act will determine how others respond to you.
- Set before the events seen in the first issue of the comics – you don’t have to know the characters or the world to play!
As the game is set prior to the events of the comic series, fans of the franchise will be able to enjoy the story while gaining new perspective on their favorite characters. Also, those new to the franchise won't have to worry about being spoiled. It's a win win for all players. Of course, older fans may know who is goodly, who is nefarious, and who is oddly missing from the main comic series, but eh, I'm sure it'll still be a fun mystery.
The Wolf Among Us' Episode 1: Faith will be launching on Xbox 360 and PC starting this Friday, Oct. 11. Hopefully the PS3 version will follow shortly.