The product of a rather exciting community event is now official. Dead Island: Riptide's limited Rigor Mortis Edition is now announced, packed full of items individually selected through community polls. Pre-orders are open now for the limited edition all across North and Latin America. Consider this Deep Silver's love letter to to most dedicated of Dead Island fans.
For $79.99 the Dead Island: Riptide Rigor Mortis Edition includes:
- Zombie hula girl bobble figurine
- Bloody zombie arm bottle opener magnet
- Bungalow key with a branded wood keychain
- Dead Island: Riptide Special Edition for console
- Treasure trove of extra DLC content
- Digital strategy map
- All of this is embalmed in the ultimate Dead Island replica suitcase – the most iconic item from the original Dead Island.
Definitely a smart call capitalizing on the oddball personality of the Dead Island franchise, which is what I think resounds the loudest in the community. When you think cooperative zombie games, there's the dark and competitive Left 4 Dead and then there's that odd, goofy, yet fun Dead Island. Freakin' zombie hula girl, right? Though maybe they'd prefer to be taken more seriously, if their trailers are any indicator.
Dead Island: Riptide launches April 23, 2013 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. The limited Rigor Mortis Edition is available for preorder right now for $79.99.