Skylanders may have ousted Call of Duty as Activision's top franchise, but why stop at games? While Skylanders is already taking the toys industry by storm with figurines and stuffed animals, someone thought that Skylanders Monopoly would be a good idea. Nope, we're not kidding; Skylanders Monopoly exists and it's out today.
The game is pretty much like normal Monopoly, but with Skylander-specific figures and locations. Hey, why shouldn't this $1 billion award-winning series get its own board game?
Here are the notable differences:
- Boardwalk: Thumpback's Thundering Tide Pool
- Park Place: Zap's Lightning Race Track
- Green: Stealth Elf's Ninja Dojo, Tree Rex's Tree house, Stump Smash's Nut Crackers
- Yellow: Chop Chop's Boneyard, Cynder's Haunted House, Eye Brawl's Optometry
- Red: Eruptor's Hot Springs, Hot Dog's Lemonade Stand, Ignitor's Medieval BBQ
- Orange: Trigger Happy's Bank Vault, Drobot's Oil Change, Bouncer's Roboball Court
- Magenta: Spyro's Chompy Diner, Pop Fizz Flavor Laboratory, Ninjini's Bottle Shop
- Light Blue: Lightening Rod's Cloud Gym, Jet-Vac's Indoor Skydiving, Whirlwind's Rainbow Lounge
- Brown: Terrafin's Mud Spa, Crusher's Home Improvement
- Railroads: Flynn's Blimp Tours, Air-Pirate Express, Molekin Mine Train, Dread Yacht Delivery Service
- Comm. Chest: Treasure Chest
- Chance: Luck-O-Tron
- Electric Co: Core of Light Electric
- Waterworks: Drill-X's Boxed Beats
- Income Tax: Auric's Traveling Store Taxes
- Luxury Tax: Persephone's Gem Shop
- Custom Money: Gold Coins
- Houses: Renamed as Huts
- Hotels: Renamed as Castles
- Dice: Traditional
- Tokens: KAOS, Sheep, Cannon, Pirate Ship, Swords, Chompie
If you do end up grabbing this game, then... Well, we don't judge. I'm personally a fan of the current Skylander series, myself.
The current/next-gen Skylanders SWAP Force will be out in October.