Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
» » » re: Troll Jailed for 56 Days Over Racially Motivated Twitter Comments Regarding Fabrice Muamba

Troll Jailed for 56 Days Over Racially Motivated Twitter Comments Regarding Fabrice Muamba - Page 5

Related Forum: Football (Soccer)

REPLY TO THIS THREAD  QUICK REPLY   START NEW THREAD
Topic: Troll Jailed for 56 Days Over Racially Motivated Twitter Comments Regarding Fabrice Muamba
Options: Print   subscribe   remove   NeoPM  
Validation
On loan to LG2 11/12
True Addiction

since: Mar 2007
Mar 29, 12 at 3:53pm ^
re: Troll Jailed for 56 Days Over Racially Motivated Twitter Comments Regarding Fabrice Muamba

quote   quick quote   edit   quick edit   del  posts in thread  report
Sweeney
Soccer Nerd Central
Legendary Seeker

since: Nov 2004
Mar 29, 12 at 3:57pm ^
re: Troll Jailed for 56 Days Over Racially Motivated Twitter Comments Regarding Fabrice Muamba

D I O S
I am the god of tits and wine
Neoholic

total posts: 10331
since: Jul 2008
Mar 29, 12 at 4:03pm ^

tekmosis
mettle metal medal meddle
neostaff

total posts: 6071
since: Jul 2006
Mar 29, 12 at 4:15pm ^

Jeremy
NYANdere
NeoXtreme

since: Oct 2009
Mar 29, 12 at 4:32pm ^

-------------------

XxSkelterXx
Friend or foe? Nobody knows!!!!!
Permanently Plugged In

total posts: 13710
since: Aug 2010
Mar 29, 12 at 4:37pm ^

Lone Warrior
Eternal

total posts: 28900
since: Jun 2005
Mar 29, 12 at 4:44pm ^

-------------------

Ne baisse jamais ton froc même si
ça les choque et que tu dois être le dernier MC

DjedwardSmith
I Sloth, therefore I am
Eternal

total posts: 28643
neopoints: 30
since: Feb 2003
Mar 29, 12 at 4:46pm ^

Right, there's two things wrong here.

Firstly, 10% is HUGELY different to most, which would imply at least more than 60%.

Secondly, you do realise that there are more sports than simply American Football?

1. It doesn't matter if I knew it or not, it doesn't mean anything.
Well, it does, given it's the details of the situation you're commenting on.

2. They should have been removed. Incitement is all because the other users got trolled and raged.
Then feel free to take that issue up with Twitter. It doesn't negate what he did, however.

3. How did he break the law? He just posted some racist crap on twitter. That goes on THOUSAND OF TIMES A DAY. Do you see anybody else getting locked up for it?
See above. I could detail the specifics but I fancy it would be wasted on you.

4. He got arrested. Because of something he wrote. That brought no harm to ANYBODY.
Somebody doesn't understand the law in this country. Again, if I said what he'd written out in the street, I'd be arrested.

5. The difference between being a racist to somebody on the street is that that would cause somebody to actually want to fight you. On a computer, they don't know where you are, and nobody will even think of it after two minutes of hearing you say it. There seems to be a flaw in your logic here.
Yet if it were in the street, it'd be difficult to obtain evidence; online there's a record of it being said. Oh, and people tracked down his address, facebook page, rugby club and university. I think it's fair to say it was incitement given people were willing to go to such lengths to find out information about him.

6. It doesn't matter though. I don't know why you think it does.

And, again (), I was pointing out the facts of the situation that you had no knowledge of, yet somehow expected people to give credibility to your non-sensical viewpoints on the subject.

quote XxSkelterXx
This is shocking..I say it again, I am glad I live in the USA.
So am I.

LOD-squa
Squaredness of LOD
Neoholic

total posts: 11370
neopoints: 735
since: May 2001
Mar 29, 12 at 5:07pm ^

-------------------

Jeremy
NYANdere
NeoXtreme

Mar 29, 12 at 5:10pm ^

They don't release proper information to the public. The 10% of NFL players that were known to take them are probably much greater in number.[/div]
Right, there's two things wrong here.

Firstly, 10% is HUGELY different to most, which would imply at least more than 60%.

Secondly, you do realise that there are more sports than simply American Football?

10% is what we know about through a convoluted system that withholds information. It's VERY easy to see how it's probably more than 50%.

And yes, there are more sports than American Football, but my knowledge of sports and the use of steroids comes mainly from the NFL and the Olympics. If England isn't as competitive, then I'm sorry.

1. It doesn't matter if I knew it or not, it doesn't mean anything.
Well, it does, given it's the details of the situation you're commenting on.

[div align=left]But it doesn't mean anything. You're going nowhere with this.

2. They should have been removed. Incitement is all because the other users got trolled and raged.
Then feel free to take that issue up with Twitter. It doesn't negate what he did, however.

Not my problem. It's England's court system being idiotic that's the problem. Again, you've given nothing to negate my point.

3. How did he break the law? He just posted some racist crap on twitter. That goes on THOUSAND OF TIMES A DAY. Do you see anybody else getting locked up for it?
See above. I could detail the specifics but I fancy it would be wasted on you.

You've got this based on the lack of freedom of speech. Good game on that. I would like to say however, that he only got arrested because of all of the people overreacting. Had it just been him posting this, nobody would have cared, but since he trended in the UK, that's why the law enforcement decided to do something silly.

4. He got arrested. Because of something he wrote. That brought no harm to ANYBODY.
Somebody doesn't understand the law in this country. Again, if I said what he'd written out in the street, I'd be arrested.

OF COURSE YOU WOULD. I've just told you you would. Please think about what I'm saying before you reply to my posts.

5. The difference between being a racist to somebody on the street is that that would cause somebody to actually want to fight you. On a computer, they don't know where you are, and nobody will even think of it after two minutes of hearing you say it. There seems to be a flaw in your logic here.
Yet if it were in the street, it'd be difficult to obtain evidence; online there's a record of it being said. Oh, and people tracked down his address, facebook page, rugby club and university. I think it's fair to say it was incitement given people were willing to go to such lengths to find out information about him.

That is, again, their fault. this guy got arrested because of maniacal fans frothing at the mouth trying to defend their hero. Also, look above at the previous note.

6. It doesn't matter though. I don't know why you think it does.[/div]
And, again (), I was pointing out the facts of the situation that you had no knowledge of, yet somehow expected people to give credibility to your non-sensical viewpoints on the subject.

And I'm ashamed that you can't see logic. If you don't start thinking about what you reply, I won't really enjoy this debate enough to continue.

-------------------

D I O S
Neoholic

Mar 29, 12 at 5:12pm ^

Jeremy
NYANdere
NeoXtreme

Mar 29, 12 at 5:17pm ^

-------------------

DjedwardSmith
I Sloth, therefore I am
Eternal

total posts: 28643
neopoints: 30
since: Feb 2003
Mar 29, 12 at 5:27pm ^

If you'd read the link I provided (a common theme here), you'd see that there are laws which ensure that a 'freedom of speech' is not used to hide behind breaking the law. Which, in the UK, inciting racial hatred through speech does. The other trolls aren't being arrested because they weren't given the audience, during the situation, with torrents of racial abuse.

What you will find, however, is that several other 'trolls' have been arrested for comments made on twitter. To suggest he's the only person who's been punished is naive, but then, given that anything otherwise would require a bit of research on your part, hardly surprising. And I'm ashamed you can't see logic.

You've done NOTHING to convince anybody otherwise.
That's funny, because I've not seen a single person whose opinion I value agreeing with you.

I have, but I assume you're just saying that.
Well if you have, kindly point out to me where it supports your claim that most professional sports pretty much require steroids to compete in?

10% is what we know about through a convoluted system that withholds information. It's VERY easy to see how it's probably more than 50%.
Yet the facts suggest nothing of the sort. How you can make the jump from 10% to more than 50% pretty much sums up why nobody in here is taking you seriously.

And yes, there are more sports than American Football, but my knowledge of sports and the use of steroids comes mainly from the NFL and the Olympics. If England isn't as competitive, then I'm sorry.
Yes, England isn't competitive. When put up against a sport which calls the winners of the Superbowl the World Champions, with only teams from the same country taking part. Read up about WADA if you want to talk about the olympics, and see just how likely it is that people are cheating with drugs under the radar. And I'm ashamed at how you can't see logic.

But it doesn't mean anything. You're going nowhere with this.
Right, I've repeated this several times, and others have even pointed it out, but you're still not getting it. The inclusion of this point, and point 6, and the other points in between, were merely to present to you the FACTS about the situation. That they don't matter to you is irrelevant, I was providing you with the facts of the situation.

Not my problem. It's England's court system being idiotic that's the problem. Again, you've given nothing to negate my point.
Yes, criticise the English court system when you've got guys like Trayvon Martin being gunned down with sweet f a done about it. And if it's not your problem, why bring it up in the first place? I'm ashamed at how you can't see logic.

You've got this based on the lack of freedom of speech. Good game on that. I would like to say however, that he only got arrested because of all of the people overreacting. Had it just been him posting this, nobody would have cared, but since he trended in the UK, that's why the law enforcement decided to do something silly.
Right I've already provided you with the relevant UK laws which show you why he was arrested, and how he broke the law. Throwing out your own personal whines about the system that you don't even seem to understand is fine, but isn't worthy of a genuine response.

That is, again, their fault. this guy got arrested because of maniacal fans frothing at the mouth trying to defend their hero. Also, look above at the previous note.
Even though the majority of people who reported him were fans of other teams, or not even football fans at all, just disgusted by his tweets.

Oh, and I'm ashamed at how you can't see logic.

Mastix
First Prophet of Capturism heilKeima o/

Anime

since: May 2004
Mar 29, 12 at 5:30pm ^

-------------------

"Sit back, listen in, and sip some moe with us."
~The ANIME FORUM

D I O S
Neoholic

Mar 29, 12 at 5:33pm ^

[All dates in (PST) time]Threads List   « Next Newest   Next Oldest »
REPLY TO THIS THREAD  QUICK REPLY   START NEW THREAD

Linked from

search:
search posts by username:

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Note: The ethos of the forum we're attempting to cultivate is one of mutual respect for each other as well as the promotion of interesting conversation in a mature, yet casual, environment. We ask posters to keep this aim in mind whenever making a contribution here.
QUICK REPLY
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

show options
Neoseeker Forums » Lounges » The Lobby » re: Troll Jailed for 56 Days Over Racially Motivated Twitter Comments Regarding Fabrice Muamba

Jump to another forum: