|REPLY TO THIS THREAD QUICK REPLY START NEW THREAD|
Dec 19, 11 at 10:44am ^not your typical assassin build
Log in to remove this advertisement
Just a forewarning, this build is not meant to be your main character, as I will NOT be using enchanting and smithing. I am also writing this guide expecting that you won’t be mad to read spoilers. This is merely an effective but lore-friendly role-playing build that you may wish to play if you want a challenging but FUN assassin gameplay. I will also only plan for 50 perks, because I highly doubt anyone will get much further than that.
I will mostly be using the bound bow as well as the quest daggers, and cast invisibility very often)
About the name of the build…..Okay, maybe this guy’s not the ULTIMATE assassin, but I see the potential for it. I play a dark elf assassin for no reason other than the fact that you can make dark elves look asian and dressed in dark brotherhood armor, they look like FREAKIN’ NINJAS!!
Of course, the racial abilities are nice. Their ancestral wrath (or whatever its called) is very useful in situations when poo-poo happens and you get caught. Put it on, and run the heck out of there. The resistance against fire is also an extra as it makes it easier to fight dragons (ones that spew fire. I run away from the ice dragons cuz they murder me ).
Of course, you may pick any race, but the best choices are probably argonian, khajit, or wood elves (btw, does anyone play woodelf?) for their starting bonuses as well as their racial abilities.
Names: Not original at all, but just an idea
• Desmond Miles
• Salazar Slytherin (Dark elf) (this one’s for all u harry potter fanboys out there)
• Yigal Amir (Khajit)
• Lee Harvey Oswald (Not sure if the name will fit. If it wont, you can put “L.H.O”)
• Brutus (LOL THE IRONY)
Step 1: Scout the site. If you are attacking an area, sneak around, taking into account where the enemies are located as well as where they are facing.
Step 2: Pop your invisibility spell, sneak up to an advantage point (Higher elevation) and murder whoever is guarding that place
Step 3: Repeat Step 2 if desired
Step 4: Conjure your bow and snipe targets that are huddled together, or are hard to reach without compromising your presence.
Step 5: KILL EVERYONE using dagger or the bow. The beauty of this build is that you may use both daggers and bows. Simply dual wielding daggers will get boring, Using illusion spells will get boring. Using a bow will get boring. USING ALL THREE, eventually, you’ll get bored, but it will be a MUCH more rewarding experience.
Step 6: Stack everyone against a fire and/or teabag time!
Do not be afraid to run away! You will get killed in 1 or 2 shots by almost everything besides skeevers and wolves, so if you fail at sneaking, run away and try again, perhaps with a different tactic.
Remember to recast your invisibility spell as soon as you kill someone. A true ninja only appears for the kill, then fades back into the shadows!
Allow your Magicka to fully recharge after conjuring the bow. This spell will most likely take up most of your magicka if you dual cast it!
End-Game armor *SPOILERS!*:
Ancient Shrouded Boots – (0.5 weight) Wearer is muffled and moves silently.
Ancient Shrouded Cowl – (1 weight) Bows do 35% more damage
Ancient Shrouded Gloves – (1 weight) Double sneak attack damage with one-handed weapons.
Ebony Mail – (28 weight) Muffle (This effectively makes the Ebony mail as viable for sneaking as any light armor as it perma-casts muffle, making the armor completely silent. Also, it looks AWESOME! Mixing and matching other armor sets might result in clips and strange looks, whereas the ebony mail blends in with your ancient shrouded boots, cowl and gloves perfectly.
Wearing the Ebony mail, you will turn into this dark haze at night and give off black tendrils of smoke if you are crouching. It will also poison nearby enemies that detect you. Of course, this poison is kinda useless because enemies aren’t supposed to detect you, but overall, I think the armor is great. Also, because it’s heavy armor, It provides more armor at the cost of 28 weight
Aura Whisper – Because the Ebony Mail’s black tendrils can sometimes get in the way of your vision, this whisper will allow you to still see the enemy. Also, as an assassin, your first step in any fight it to stalk your prey, taking note of the locations of all the enemies.
FUS RO DAH!! – if you’re caught and 50 draughr are running at you, FUS RO DAH! And run away… RUN LIKE THE WIND!!!
Anywhoos…. Onto the skills:
Archery - On my Archery tree, I get:
• 5 points in overdraw (for the damage, duh)
• One point in Eagle Eye (for sniping)
• One point in Steady Hand (for sniping moving targets such as those annoying flying dragons)
• Power Shot (for fun )
• Quick Shot (TO SHOOT ARROWS LIKE A MACHINE GUN) [okay, you don’t draw the bow that fast, but it’s still an improvement to the slow-mo drawing before you get that perk]
• Bull’s-eye (This perk is used against huge enemies like giants or w/e that you can’t kill with the 3x sneak bonus you get when… you’re sneaking)
• I also get 3 critical shot cuz it’s so fun to crit…
One Handed – Real easy. Remember, we will NOT be dual wielding because we will be using an Illusion spell in one hand!!
• 5 points in armsman (… duh)
• Fighting Stance (because all your sneak attacks will be sneak attacks)
• Savage strike (because it’s so fun to have heads roll around! ^^)
Technically, fighting stance and savage strike aren’t really necessary………. But I like to cut heads off…
• 3 perks in stealth (no, that is not a typo). YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO GET THREE PERKS IN SNEAK!) This is because if you get 5 points in sneak, the game’s over. It becomes stupid. If you get 5 points in sneak, you can run around in daedric armor and a war-hammer with a bard singing at your side WHILE ASSASSINATING PEOPLE! That is STUPID. Seriously. If you put any more points into sneak, you become so stealthy, its unrealistic. You can almost crouch in plain view (not even in the shadows) and your enemy won’t find you. A ninja is not a ninja if he is God.
• I get back stab (cuz I have to)
• Deadly Aim (cuz 3x is a HUGE difference from 2x)
• And Assassin’s Blade. Do I really need to explain this? DAGGERS DO 15X DAMAGE! THAT IS AWESOME!
• Then I get muffled movement, which is unnecessary, but still worth it
• Light foot, which I really think is stupid………………………. But I still get it
• Silent roll. This is actually pretty stupid, but it LOOKS SO COOL!! YOU CAN ROLL AROUND IN THIS GAME! HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!
That’s it. I will not be getting Silence because why would you be running and walking if you’re supposed to be SNEAKING?! The only time you’re supposed to walk or run is if you’re SURE that there is noenemies around. Once you get into a dungeon, you start sneaking.
I don’t get Shadow warrior either because I personally don’t find it that useful, and… well… you’re not supposed to be seen in the first place.
Illusion – ILLUSION!! SO FUN! SO UNDERRATED! SO OVERPOWERED!!!
• Novice illusion (of course)
• Expert illusion (I get this perk because the main spell you will be using in this tree will be invisibility. Ofcourse, if you’re an assassin, you’ve got to be invisible!!)
• Now, this one’s gonna be weird, but I will take Animage for kindred mage
• Kindred Mage for quiet casting.
• QUIET CASTING!! This will allow you to be… even quieter The reason why I get quiet casting is because we won’t be smithing any bows. Exactly. You heard me right. We will NOT BE SMITHING OR ENCHANTING ANYTHING!! This is because I believe that smithing and enchanting has the potential to make the game too easy that it becomes boring. A real assassin does not work in front of an anvil all day or stand in front of a magic table.. (seriously, they don’t. THEY GO OUT AND KILL PEOPLE! THAT’S WHAT ASSASSINS DO! THEY KILL PEOPLE!)
How are we gonna have a bow, then? Let’s move onto conjuration
Conjuration – The only reason I get perks in here is for the
Bound bow. Reasons? CUZ IT LOOKS FREAKIN’ AWESOME!! And with the Mystic binding perk, it’s got the power of a Daedric bow, AND you get a free 100 Daedric-level arrows everytime you summon the bow. Note, they are not real daedric arrows. They are shiny arrows that does the same damage as a Daedric arrow. Also, they scale on your archery level, so the higher your archery, the higher your damage. Note that it does NOT scale with your conjuration. It Is also weightless because you’re summoning it, and It disappears when you put it away, and…… its…. Summoned -_-
Takes long to take out. Unlike a normal bow, which you can just pull out, You must equip the conjour bow spell, then charge the spell, and after a few seconds of delay, the bow pops up (This lag can vary from person to person. On my laptop, it’s almost instant (0.5-1 second delay) whereas I’ve seen some videos with 3 second delays. Simply plan ahead and summon the bow before you start a fight, and remember to resummon it once in a while or else it will disappear!
Ofcourse, you won’t be doing the crazy high damage you will be doing with a improved daedric bow with crazy insane enchantments, but I believe that with the 3X sneak bonus and the chance to crit, it is still enough to one-shot most end game enemies.
I get points in:
• Novice conjuration (because I have to)
• Apprentice conjuration (because I have to)
• Adept Conjuration (because the bound bow is an Adept conjuration spell)
• I get Mystic Binding because without Mystic binding, your bound bow hits like a wet noodle (just kidding, it’s still pretty powerful, but I believe it’s only a bit more powerful than an Elven bow. Can anyone verify this?)
• Conjuration Dual Casting (I get this spell because the bow only lasts 2 minutes. Now, I’m very forgetful and I don’t want my bow to disappear when I’m about to shoot an innocent bandit in the head, so I get this perk. This is not very necessary, but I also think it looks better. It looks like you’re doing a purple hadouken in front of your face haha.
Note that I did NOT get soul stealer because we will not be needing to fill any soul gems. Also, the huge thunder clap and the bright colors as the soul moves to you is very UNSNEAKY. Ofcourse, this does not affect gameplay, but I find it annoyingly loud when you’re playing a sneaky character. It’s simply unrealistic
Smithing – I know I said we won’t be smithing…. But I lied HAHA
• Steel Smithing (cuz we have to)
• Arcane Blacksmith (THIS is the reason why we have perks in this tree. When you get your quest equipments, their base defence is pretty low. As a result, we must improve them. In order to do so, we need Arcane Blacksmith!
That is all. I do not go to Daedric Smithing because we will just be using the
Spoiler:weaponsThey’re AWESOME! Remember! REAL ASSASSINS DON’T SMITH! (unless you’re spamming iron daggers and leather bracers to get to level 60 for the arcane blacksmith perk
Blade of Woe or the Mehrune’s Razor.
• 5 points in Agile Defender (dragon teeth, claws and tail really hurt )
for explanation, see spoiler
THAT IS IT! We will NOT be wearing all light armor! We will eventually get the Ebony Mail (google it. It’s awesome). The Ebony Mail is a Heavy armor
This piece will render Custom Fit, Matching set, Wind Walker and Deft Movement all to be useless. Ofcourse, you can say you want Unhindered, but seriously? Light armor doesn’t weigh that much, It does not slow you down that much (I think it slows you down by 5%? Not sure. Please verify) and… you’ll be wasting perks.
How to spread magicka/Health/Stamina:
I go 1/1/1 until I reach about 200 Magicka, then I go 0/1/1. At this time, If you are getting caught very often, put more into health. If you’re running out of Stamina because you’re taking too long to aim down the sights of the bow, put more into stamina. As you realize that you stop emptying your stamina, stop putting points into stamina. Put everything else into Health because eventually, you WILL be caught, and you WILL be killed in one shot (mostly)
Thanks to TrendKiLLv01's wonderful assassin build on youtube for inspiring this build.
Well, that’s the end of the build! OMG 2,245 words. I have no life.
Any advice, tips, comments? Leave a comment below!
|Log in or register to remove this advertisement|
Jul 14, 12 at 8:03am ^re: not your typical assassin build
aznspryd or you could max out sneak, get a conjuure bow spell, then get mehrunes dagger or blade of woe and be the ultimate assassin.... took me: 24 words
but its a good build, congratz and thanks
Jul 14, 12 at 8:38am ^re: not your typical assassin build
quote aznsprydI go 0/0/1 until Stamina is double Magicka and Health and keep it about double, you will NOT be caught. Level 56 200/236/490.
Jul 14, 12 at 11:56am ^re: not your typical assassin build
Bound Bow doesn't require much investment in Magicka, because of the 2 minute duration. If you can cast it, it'll last more than long enough to recover. It's also incompatible with Invisibility, because casting it breaks the spell, and takes both hands so you can't recaat it. I'd call this a fairly typical Nightblade build, except for the BB, and lack of Destruction. Other than that, it's right out of the 3rd era Classes.
I don't see the conflict with using this as the primary character. Crafting is not needed for Every build, especially one like this, which uses Sneak multipliers for most of the damage dealing. I will point out that neither Enchanting, nor Smithing was part of the Nightblade class.
As for Race, I'd put Altmer at the top of the list for Magicka. The 50 extra means you pretty much don't have to invest in it at all, as long as you can cast the bow. This frees you up for the starting Stamina you suggest.
"Don't Fight, Kill."
|[All dates in (PST) time]||Threads List « Next Newest Next Oldest »|
|REPLY TO THIS THREAD QUICK REPLY START NEW THREAD|
Powered by neoforums v3.0.0
Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2016