|REPLY TO THIS THREAD QUICK REPLY START NEW THREAD|
Jan 28, 13 at 1:12pm ^Survival Tips & Tricks
Log in to remove this advertisement
1. Predator is better than non-predator. Some people may argue the opposite but at the end of the day your life becomes so much easier if you can eliminate your threats rather than running away from them.
2. Bigger animals survive longer. There are exceptions of course, but there is a reason that you have to work your way through 15 other animals before you can unlock the Lion, and that's because the lion owns every other animal except for dinosaurs. Big animals hit harder and run faster, both are crucial factors in your survival chances.
3. Save your points to unlock animals. Don't waste your precious points on costumes. Yes costumes can be useful but you'll pick up a ton of them during normal gameplay anyway. If you haven't already, I strongly you download the free plush doll pack from PS store. Each one of the dolls is supremely good and cannot be damaged!
4. Magazine, Nail File, and Large Medicine are the top items you want to keep. Chicken breast should be used immediately to get the most benefit out of it. Discard useless items like flea shampoo and stamina jerky if you are short on inventory. Use your items sparingly but don't be afraid to use multiple items at once if you find yourself in a tough spot. Remember that all the items you collect on a run can only be used on that run so if you die whatever you have left in your inventory will go to waste.
5. Try to complete as many challenges as you can. Not only does it prepare you to eventually complete all challenges on one playthrough, you will gain a lot of bonus stats to help you along the way.
6. Plan ahead. This is especially important for completing challenges because you will only have 10 years of game time (15 later on) to complete each set of challenge and you must utilize that time carefully. Once you finish up a set of challenge, look at the next set of challenge. Is it telling you to go to a specific location? Better get a move-on if that's the case. Or do you have to kill a lot of animals or consume a lot of food? If so, find the most food-abundant area on your map and head there. Always plan ahead of time so you don't end up in a situation where you have to grind for 5 more kills but can't find animals anywhere with no time left!
7. It is important to maximize your rank and find a prime mate before producing the next generation, but you won't always have enough food or time to do that. Don't wait too long or you will suffer the penalties of old age, and that is not fun. If one of the challenges requires you to change generation twice you may want to quickly take over an area and find a desperate mate to mate just to get it out of the way. And if you are dying from toxicity and short on supply you should mate asap.
8. Don't eat poisonous food. This one is a given, but even if you are dying from hunger you shouldn't eat the first food that you come across unless it's clean. Toxicity is your number 1 enemy in this game and you are just shooting yourself in the foot if you start eating poisonous food. One exception to this rule would be if you are already on your way to mate and your are short on some calories to complete a challenge.
9. Fight smart. This applies to all animals alike. Even if you are the king of the jungle, think twice before taking on a large pack of wolves. If you are losing out on a battle, retreat before you lose all of your companions. Use evade often during a fight to minimize your damage. Clean kill is definitely advised whenever possible. If you are quick you may not even be spotted by other predators after performing a clean kill, helping you to avoid fighting large group of animals at the same time. Hold down L1 to help you from spotted before you can get a lock. Toxicity and rain blocks animals from showing up on your radar so be extra careful, you never know what lies in the next bush waiting to slice you in half.
10. Challenges are randomly chosen so you will get different ones each time you play, even with the same animal. This is very helpful if your goal is to complete all the challenges in one playthrough. For example, killing 60 animals in 15 years is very time consuming and situation-dependent, which is something you probably don't want as part of the final set of challenges.
That's all I can think of for now. If you follow everything I stated you should be well on your way to a long and prosper survival expereience. Just remember that nothing is for certain, and the randomness of this game is what makes it great. I suffered a lot of cheap deaths throughout my playthroughs, some of those could have been avoided if I played smarter while the rest were just the game giving me the middle finger so best of luck~
|quote quick quote edit quick edit del posts in thread report|
|Log in or register to remove this advertisement|
|[All dates in (PST) time]||Threads List « Next Newest Next Oldest »|
|REPLY TO THIS THREAD QUICK REPLY START NEW THREAD|
Powered by neoforums v2.0.1 (toro)
Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014