It really was inevitable, with all of Irrational's teasing of bros and frat guys, that BioShock Infinite would get its very own "Season Pass" of DLC content. It's the industries new favorite way of getting you to invest in a game's lifespan without knowing anything about the quality or content therein. Will Irrational even be developing the DLC itself? Who knows! I digress.
BioShock Infinite will have three DLC packs made available post-release, each to be available for $9.99. If you pick up the Season Pass you'll get all three for 33% off, only $19.99 in total or 1600 MSP for Xbox folk. Expect the DLC to include, "hours of additional gameplay and continue the player’s journey in the sky-city of Columbia with new stories, characters, abilities and weapons." Early purchasers will also pick up the "Early Bird Special Pack" which will be ready at launch and includes:
- Four pieces of exclusive gear
- A Machine Gun Damage Upgrade
- A Pistol Damage Upgrade
- A gold skin for both weapons
- Five Infusion bottles that allow players to increase their health, their shield durability or their ability to use Vigors by increasing the quantity of Salts they can carry.
Naturally, there's also preorder bonuses for BioShock Infinite -- the Industrial Revolution Pack. This DLC provides you:
- Three in-game gear items that boost combat abilities
- $500 bonus to in-game currency
- Five lock picks
- Industrial Revolution puzzle game, which unlocks stories of Columbia and allows players to pledge their allegiance to the Vox Populi or Founders through Facebook
Personally, I can't vouch for the value of any of this content, but I can say that BioShock Infinite is one of my most anticipated games of 2013 -- even now knowing that next-gen consoles will be released later this year. I don't doubt there will be sever stories worth telling in the universe, I just can't say if they're going to be afforded to attention that the main game likely is receiving.
BioShock Infinite is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on March 26, look forward to it and the, uh... myriad of content that will also be made available for it.