The holiday season will be upon us before we even realize what time it is. Thankfully, we have Nintendo looking out for us and reminding us that 2015 only has a few months left. The only problem is there's so much Nintendo coming that we may not have enough 2015 left to enjoy it all, as the company revealed its plans for the rest of the year. Over 20 games are going to be released on the 3DS and Wii U in the next several months, giving die-hard Nintendo fans plenty to look forward to. Two items of particular interest are the upcoming Wii U bundle for Super Mario Maker and the Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo.
The Super Mario Maker bundle will be sold exclusively at Wal-Mart for $299.96 when the game launches September 11. The bundle includes the obvious Super Mairo Maker and a Wii U system, but also includes an Idea Book and a 30th anniversary modern color Mario amiibo.
Speaking of amiibo, Yoshi's getting in on the collectibles craze in a big way. Yoshi's Woolly World comes out October 16 in two separate versions. Gamers can pick up the game by itself for $49.99 or, for ten dollars more, they can get a bundle with a green yarn Yoshi amiibo. Pink and light blue yarn Yoshi amiibos will also be available separately when Woolly World launches, but they both pale in comparison to the upcoming Mega Yarn Yoshi, due out November 15. Both Mega Yarn and regular yarn Yoshis will unlock the "Double Yoshi" feature in Woolly World, allowing for an extra of everyone's favorite dinosaur to be used at any point in a stage.
Other notable titles include Star Fox Zero, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, and Xenoblade Chronicles. The full list of upcoming Nintendo goodness is as follows:
- August 27: Runbow releases on the Wii U's eShop.
- August 30: Nintendo 2DS's MSRP drops to $99.99.
- September 11: Super Mario Maker releases for Wii U.
- September 20: Skylanders SuperChargers starter pack for Wii U.
- September 25: Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for 3DS.
- September 27: LEGO Dimensions for Wii U.
- October: Shovel Knight for 3DS and Wii U. No specific date has been given yet.
- October 9: Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash for 3DS.
- October 16: Yoshi's Woolly World and a combo pack combining New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U for Wii U.
- October 20: Guitar Hero Live and Just Dance 2016 for Wii U.
- October 22: Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water for Wii U.
- October 23: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes for 3DS.
- November 1: Mii fighter amiibo 3-pack for Super Smash Bros.
- November 6: Yo-Kai Watch for 3DS.
- November 13: Mewtwo amiibo for Super Smash Bros.
- November 15: Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo.
- November 20: Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon for 3DS, Star Fox Zero for Wii U, and the Falco amiibo for Super Smash Bros. all release.
- December 4: Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii U.
- December 11: Devil's Third for Wii U.
Whew, that's a lot of Nintendo. The Wii U and 3DS are both set to finish off the year strong with lots of great titles available.