Just like any particularly good map, Civilization V isn't done yet. Today, 2K and Firaxis Games announced the second expansion for Civ V, "Brave New World," to be released this summer for $29.99. Brave New World will focus on culture and diplomacy with the introduction of systems like International Trade, the World Congress and Culture Victory. Of course, there's plenty of new units, buildings, civilizations and wonders too. So much for the summer drought, huh? Fill it with a million turns of Civilization V.
Here's a shortlist of all the new content and features that will be added in the Brave New World expansion:
- Civilizations, Buildings and Units: Nine new civilizations, including Casimir III of Poland, and all the fun new content that goes along with that
- Culture Victory: Spread your civilization's culture throughout the world with great artists, great buildings and an assortment of fun new mechanics
- World Congress: A new global body whose decisions influence diplomacy for decisions both small and large
- International Trade Routes: Spread influence, religion and science through trade hubs and routes, but naturally there's risk and reward too
- Wonders: Eight wonders are being added, including the Parthenon, Broadway, and the Uffizi.
- Scenarios: Two new scenarios, the "War Between States" that lets players pick either the confederate or union side of the American Civil War, or the "Scramble For Africa" where colonial powers explore the heart of Africa for riches untold.
As with the Gods and Kings expansion, it's likely Brave New World will dramatically change the experience of playing a game of Civilization V. It's exciting to see that this time around all of the changes focus entirely on non-combat features. Hoorah for adding a new depth of play that doesn't focus on who has the bigger cannons!
Look forward to more information of Civilization V's Brave New World expansion in coming months. The package will be available this summer for $29.99 for the PC and Mac. World domination ain't easy.