Great news for League of Legends players breaking today. First off, the official League of Legends client for Mac is back. While the client isn't ready to be made public just yet, the client is currently available for testing on the Public Beta Environment. The last Mac client was taken down and burned out back because it couldn't deliver the quality of experience Riot expects from its software, but hopefully this one delivers.
Also, Thresh, the Chain Warden, is now available. Not necessarily as big of news as the Mac client, but certainly more relevant to the entire player-base, Thresh is a particularly unique support oriented character. Here are Thresh's skills, which might sound a bit complicated until you see them in action:
- Damnation (Passive): When Thresh stalks the Fields of Justice, minions, monsters and opposing champions occasionally manifest their essence as souls after they die. Gather the souls of fallen foes to power up Thresh’s Armor and Ability Power. Thresh gains no Armor per level normally.
- Death Sentence:
- (Passive): Thresh winds up his attacks, dealing more damage the longer he waits between strikes.
- (Active): Thresh throws his scythe forward, dragging the first enemy struck a fixed distance toward him. Activate Death Sentence again to hurtle towards the bound unit.
- Dark Passage: Thresh hurls his lantern towards a target location. Nearby allies gain a shield while inside the lantern’s area of effect. Teammates who click the lantern will be pulled to Thresh.
- Flay: Thresh sweeps his chain, knocking all enemies in the direction of the blow.
- The Box (Ultimate): Thresh creates a prison of walls around him that slow and damage enemies that cross through.
Thresh and his Deep Terror skin are now available on the Riot store. Keep in mind the new champions will now cost 7800 IP for their first week of release, though their RP price (975) and skin bundle price (1462) will remain the same.
Look forward to the Mac League of Legends client releasing to the public "soon", as it'll go into open beta as soon as Riot confirms it's working up to par on the PBE. And of course, make sure to pick up Thresh,because inevitably you'll have to play support and you don't want to be that jerk that can't because they don't have the right champions. Whoa, I almost broke into a rant there!
Quick reminder, the European qualifiers for Season 3's League Championship Series begin this Friday, so make sure to tune in. Then, the actual series itself starts on February 7! It's a good time to be a League fan.