|REPLY TO THIS THREAD START NEW THREAD|
Apr 26, 10 at 7:46pm ^Red Dead Redemption: Forum Rules
Log in to remove this advertisement
Red Dead: Redemption Forum Rules
Please take the time to go through the following rules before posting in this forum. All members are expected to abide by the stipulated terms. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the current moderator.
1. Spamming: Spamming is posting useless posts unrelated to the topic at hand, either to increase your post count or otherwise. Let it be known that spamming will NOT be tolerated here. Moderators will be on the lookout for posts like these, and decisive action will be taken against the poster. If you see a spam post and wish to report it to the moderator, please use the report button at the lower right corner of the post.
2. Advertising: Very similar to spamming, advertising is shamelessly promoting a certain website or product in your posts, and providing links to the same. Such posts will be deleted, and action taken. Feel free to include them in your signature, which can be done in your profile.
3. Flooding: Replying to every thread on the first page just to have your username on the "last poster" tab. If you have something worthwhile to say, by all means, go ahead- don't simply post for the sake of posting.
4. Flaming: Insulting another member. This is a forum, and as such, is meant for debates. While some of them may inevitably progress into arguments, do NOT resort to insults. If you are the target of the insult, please report the post using the aforementioned "report" button, instead of retorting.
5. Duplicate posts: Making 2 posts in a single thread in succession. If you have anything to add to your first post, EDIT it using the "edit" button in the lower right corner, don't make a second post.
6. Memberating: This is the act of a normal member trying to take on the role of a moderator, either by demanding the ban of a member, demanding thread closure, or simply posting "This thread sucks, it should be closed". Such posts will be deleted, and appropriate action taken.
7. Spoilers: A ZERO TOLERANCE rule. Given that several people don't buy games on release, do them the courtesy of including any game related spoilers in "spoiler tags". Insert a spoiler warning in the thread title, if the thread contains potential spoilers.
8. Bypassing bans: Though a moderator tries not to resort to this final option, it is inevitable that some people will be banned during the course of this forum's functioning. DO NOT try to make an alternate account and resume posting in the forum. Moderators have tools to detect this, and anyone caught doing so will receive an IP ban, meaning that you will not be able to access the forum on your computer, however many accounts you use.
Again, if you have any questions, feel free to contact the moderator directly through a Private Message.
This covers the major rules you should pay attention to, and doing so will make your stay in this forum enjoyable for everyone. Please also do take time to go through the following threads, which cover more rules, and in more detail:
Forumwide Rules of Conduct, Etiquette, and Acceptable Behaviour
Neoseeker Markup guide
A lot of you will be getting the game right when it's released, but there are several others who won't. As such, while discussing about topics which may spoil the game for others, such as the story, missions, or gameplay elements, you must take proper consideration towards those who might have the game ruined for them because of what you're posting.
There is a spoiler tab on the new post screen which will automatically insert the spoiler tags over a highlighted portion of text.
Whenever you see a post which hasn't hidden the spoiler text, report it and hide it from view. This will not only save others from being spoiled, but will also make my job easier.
Repeated disregard of these rules will result in appropriate action being taken.
General Discussion Threads Policy:
I strongly believe that on-topic GDs are of little use in a forum when the whole forum is based on the topic. I've observed in other forums that it slightly reduces general forum activity, since people tend to just post their question in the GD instead of making a thread for it. EVERY small question and idea, however small, has the capability of blossoming into a all-out discussion, and posting it in an on-topic GD hampers that capability.
Hence, I've decided to convert this into an off-topic General Discussion, in which you can talk about topics unrelated to the game, and in general, get closer as a community.
However, this DOES NOT mean that this is a spam thread, or a thread where the regular forum rules are lax. All the Forum Rules still apply as much as they do in all the other threads of the forum.
On the topic of spam- this is a thread for holding meaningful conversations about topics apart from Red Dead Redemption, and as such, some random banter is allowed. However, don't turn this thread into a MSN conversation between 2-3 people, posting one-liners. A couple of other forums had this happen recently- the members were banned, and the GD closed. A similar level of tolerance will be shown in this forum.
However, putting all that unpleasantry aside, have fun with the GD!
Edit: Jun 16, 10
|quote quick quote edit quick edit del posts in thread report|
|Log in or register to remove this advertisement|
|[All dates in (PST) time]||Threads List « Next Newest Next Oldest »|
|REPLY TO THIS THREAD START NEW THREAD|
Powered by neoforums v2.0.1 (toro)
Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014