|REPLY TO THIS THREAD QUICK REPLY START NEW THREAD|
Nov 10, 08 at 7:55am ^Ending #1 Walkthrough (My Way)
Log in to remove this sponsored message
I have no doubt there are all kinds of FAQs for all the endings, yet questions keep appearing in newer threads & the answers are not always satisfying. If this thread does not belong here, feel free to move it to appropriate location. Thank you.
Apparently there are several ways (at least three), to complete any mission. I will give you my own with some references to others. People like choices, this game is all about them.
1) When the game starts, you have three choices.
a)Proceed to the temple right away (short version)
b)Become an observer & watch the events that unfold before your eyes without interference. Watch Dona-Dona saving the girl & then proceed to the temple.
c)Or my version in detail:
Stand on the way of the Tattooed guy. The girl will cry for help, the guy will tell you to get lost.
YOU: "She doesn't seem to like you"
Tattoo: "Fight us & you'll surely die"
YOU: "Watch your tongue"
Fight begins, kick the crap out of them until Tattoo begs for his life, you can just sheath your sword without saying anything & he will thank you. On his proposal to join, you also do not have to say anything, he will figure that you are not interested & runs away.
Ask the girl if she is alright & DECLINE her invitation. You were just doing the right thing, right? =) Proceed to the Temple.
2) At the temple, observe the conversation between Hyuga & official.
When it's over, it doesn't matter what you do with official. Let him pass, scare the crap out of him by drawing your sword or simply kill him, it's all up to you. Walk down the stairs listen to the conversation between two punks. (*NOTE: as far as I know, none of the conversations you observe are vital to the ending. If you are on the hurry, you can simply run through the game & get the same result, but let's assume you're new in town & want to learn all you can about it.) Continue your way to the Ipponmatsu.
3) Ipponmatsu. Walk by the bunch of punks, learn more about the situation in the Pass & go to the Forge, pay Dojima a little visit. With only 5 yen in your pocket, there isn't much to do even if you brought a sword with you for upgrade. Unless you want to play Russian Roulette with it, never use "nothing in particular" option. You can get lucky or it can be a total disaster. Just make an acquaintance & go to the Station.
4) Cross the Station & proceed to the Railroad. At the Railroad ignore the Akadama's at the far for now, go straight to the Foundry.
5) At the Foundry you may talk to the punk guarding it, listen to his story & get a few yen as his gratitude. In addition, you can challenge him & 99 of his twin brothers to a duel. Now, if you are in hard mode, this can be very beneficial for the sword you want to upgrade. You can unlock some moves, block a few & even get some upgrades. You will also get a decent amount of money for Dojima. Do as you please & go to the Bridge.
6) Now you're right where you started, except a little fact that your feet are in the water... Walk up the hill & be a witness to the conversation between a local cop & the official. If the cop will notice you, it doesn't matter what you say, the result will be the same, he leaves spitting around some threats.
Now, from this point you can go anywhere you want. You can revisit Dojima & have him working on your sword if you've got some money from 100 twins. You can go & join the Kurou family, since you already know that they are in control of this area & it is an obviously wise choice, or you can learn more about Akadama Klan since you know very little about them. So, let us learn all we can first. Cross the bridge & go to the Station.
7) At the Station you can pay a little visit to the girl you saved if you desire, just make sure to decline her invitation again. Otherwise, proceed straight to the Railroad.
8) At the Railroad make your way to the bunch of red-coats you ignored earlier. After listening to their ambitious crap, go to the Mansion.
9) At the gates to the Mansion you'll be stopped by two goons. Ask them about the Akadama Clan, you will like what you hear, so tell them that you want to join. Since the leader is absent, you'll be asked to come later, turn around & walk away. Now, things are getting interesting. The scene will introduce to you two elites of Akadama Clan. When you are back on the Railroad, you may meet a wondering monk there. Sorry, I am terrible with names, or just terrible... It's the guy in purple dress, can't miss him. He may give you some nice tips if you decide to listen.
Well, it's time to make your acquaintance with the ruling family of the Rokkotsu Pass. The fastest way will be through the Station, but if you miss the dancing with 100 butt-heads, you can still do so, go to the Foundry & have fun. One way or the other, get yourself to the Kurou Residence.
10) Kurou Residence. Here you will meet your old friend, the tattooed Casanova who will not be too happy to see you... obviously. Tell him that you want to join the Kurou family & he will send you inside for introduction to the leader. Inside the residence, when you pass the arch, take a note of two punks chatting by the side door & go up to the Kurou house. On the porch, you will see master Tessin himself & his wife. She will do most of the talking & will select Shiretoko as an opponent for you to test your skill. Do not be gentle with him, you cannot kill him here, however, the better your performance the higher your reward will be.
After defeating him, get your money & wait a moment to listen to the conversation between Tessin & his wife. Then go back the way you came here. On the way down, note that the conversation between two goons has changed. Ask them about Kitcho & learn about his family ties. (*Note: if you were to join Kurou family first & now would go to the Akadama Mention, the results would be the same), since we already done this, proceed through Ipponmatsu & to the Shrine.
11) Shiretoko will be waiting for you on the stairs of the Srine. He will thank you for appearing & will ask to proceed (a formality), so just proceed, it will take you all to the Station.
12) At the Station you'll be able to ask him a question but you will not learn anything new. By the restaurant he will explain the purpose for your visit & the procedure will begin. You do not need to say anything smart or stupid, just watch. When Shiretoko asks you to smash the place up, DO SO. Just go inside & throw whatever you can grab around. Throw some chairs outside the restaurant, have fun. You can apologize to the girl but don't expect forgiveness. Also, be careful when throwing stuff around, DO NOT HIT Shiretoko with the chair or whatever, he will not understand & you can say good-bye to your perfect ending. After enough damage was done, Shiretoko will stop the destruction, just follow him. He will reward you for following orders & will offer another job.
If you are still working on your sword, pay Dojima a visit, if not, proceed to the Railroad. On the way there receive Hyuga's warning. Now things are about to change.
13) The Railroad. It's evening now, finally... On the way to the Mansion two red-coats will be arguing about something. Ask them what's up & they will reveal to you that the evil government that wants to destroy the Samurai way of life, your way of life, cannot be defeated with current forces. Get a clue & go to the Mansion.
14) At the gates you will be greeted by one of the goons from before & he will take you to meet the leaders. He will introduce you to the company & at this moment, if you are on the hurry, you can speed things up by "taking matters outside", if not then sit & listen.
Apparently Karibe is losing his patience & after a short argument, matters will move outside anyway. There will be a little more of arguing, swords are drawn & Chelsea asks you to interfere. Ask Kitcho to take care of Karibe & take care of him GENTELY.
Be very careful. Besides the fact that the guy is nasty, you MUST NOT KILL HIM, otherwise it will be very hard to keep others alive & this is your goal, to keep them all alive. Fight him strategically & as soon as dialog mark appears, use it. That means Karibe has lost & yet, is still breathing. Perfect! Swallow the compliments & go outside.
15) The Railroad. It's night, & your destination is the Shrine. Do not linger at the Railroad. You should not be seen by Chelsea, she will come out a few minutes after you. You can still visit Dojima if you have a need, just make sure to ignore Isuzu at the Station. Regardless of what you've done to her place she will ask you for help if she sees you & if that happens, refuse. I suggest going to the Foundry, listen to the guards, it will clarify the reason for people to be driven out of the Station. Ignore fighting punks at the Bridge, do not interfere, unless you want to end up as a Random Slasher, go to the Shrine.
16) Now, there is a surprise. Murasaki is going to the Shrine in the middle of the night. Follow her. You will become a witness to a very disturbing scene... Apparently, Murasaki & a local cop are heaving an affair. I wonder about little Kitaro, whose son he really is... There is something very wrong with that woman, I mean seriously, that guy?!..
Anyway, you can jump into the spotlight right away or you can listen to the end of the conversation, but be careful, you can lose them & you don't want that. After you hear Murasaki says something like "...you're also are shrewd, my little policeman" run into the scene or you can miss the odd couple. She will ask you if you heard them, if you lie she won't believe you anyway. Whatever your answer will be, in order to protect her secret she decides to kill you... people don't really like you at first, oh well.
Fortunately for both of you Shiretoko appears. That guy is no idiot & becomes very suspicious of her. Make the lady to confess & ask Shiretoko to pardon her. Remember, you want every one to stay alive, this unfaithful wife is an exceptional warrior & now she becomes your best friend. You have earned Shiretoko's respect & he listens to you. Everyone is relived & happy, the little policeman is sweating pee... whatever. You must hurry to the Akadama Mansion now, go there through the Station, avoid the Foundry.
17) At the Station Dojima may catch you with something important to tell you, tell him that you're busy & keep moving to the Mansion.
18) At the Mansion, Kitcho will inform you about his plan to attack the Foundry & request your help. You can tell him that's exactly your intention or ask him why, doesn't matter. He will want to spy on Kurou residence before the fight & both of you will travel to the Shrine.
At the Shrine Kitcho will decide to say a prayer & will notice Hyuga walking up the stairs, Kitcho will become suspicious (as if he's the only one who prays before the battle) & two of you will follow the illusive character quietly. There Kitcho will learn of Hyuga's real role in this story & to of you will have to fight him along with an official & a couple of ninjas.
After defeating them, Hyuga will regret not killing you sooner & will try to take you & Kitcho along with him into the next world. If you took heavy damage from the fight, run the hell away from him, that explosion will do damage. In fact, run away anyway. Kitcho will ask you to go back to the Mansion to warn others, he will go to settle things with his father. Go to the Mansion.
19) At the Mansion you inform others about the governments movement & hell begins. After clearing the Mansion, all of you move to the Railroad where you continue slicing the uniforms. After a serious amount of them is killed, Shiretoko & your best friend in the whole wide world Tattooyama appear to give you a hand.
After killing a small army of uniforms, you stand before two choices. To go with Kurou guys through the Foundry or with Akadama guys through the Station. If you chose the Foundry, Chelsea dies. If you want a very happy ending, go with her.
20) At the station, three of you continue slicing & dicing until the second wave of uniforms appears. Chelsea asks you to go forward & help Kitcho, I always stay. Try to kill as fast as you can, it would be a shame to lose these guys after all the trouble. When the third wave appears you don't have a choice & run to the Bridge.
At the Bridge, father & son, side by side are showing what it means to be a true samurai by blocking bullets with their swords... Help them to obliterate uniformed pigs & when the General joins the dance, focus on him. Remember, the faster you move to the next scene, the more chances you have to see all the characters alive & happy... well except one.
21) After kicking the General's butt majorly, he tries to escape, you follow. On the stairs to the Shrine, fight off the ninjas & proceed to the top to meet you destiny. The general will shower you with compliments & will try to weasel his way out. Spit in his face & cut the creep down. You may get his sword for your collection if you don't have it yet, just do it quickly, there isn't much time for that.
Well, this is it, congratulation. If you were fast enough with your sword, everyone you've met in the game will appear on the final slides with the story of happily ever after. Every one except Dona-Dona, that sacrifice you could not prevent in this scenario, he will leave in Isuzu's memories... don't cry.
I hope that someone will find this walkthrough useful, enjoy.
|quote quick quote edit quick edit del report|
|Log in or register to remove this sponsored message|
Nov 15, 08 at 8:02am ^re: Ending #1 Walkthrough (My Way)
ah, thanx dude, you're a life saver!!! i've been scratching my head for a week trying to figure out how to get any other endings. just have one left now. do you get a different ending if you do exactly this but go to the foundry and let chelsea get killed? or do you get one of the other 4 endings?
|quote quick quote edit quick edit del posts in thread report|
|[All dates in (PST) time]||Threads List « Next Newest Next Oldest »|
|REPLY TO THIS THREAD QUICK REPLY START NEW THREAD|
Powered by neoforums v1.6.5b (aperture)
Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2013