|REPLY TO THIS THREAD QUICK REPLY START NEW THREAD|
Aug 11, 07 at 6:09pm ^VOTE TODAY!
Log in to remove this advertisement
I have posted the thread and message on every Fire Emblem Board. I am taking a 7 day- long poll on what everyone thinks is genuinely the best Fire Emblem game. I will count up the votes on the 16th, and I will share the polls with the rest of you. All I need is a little bit of your time. You will be able to choose from all of the current Fire Emblem games. Just type the according number in your post. All of the descriptions are credited to http://www.fireemblemworld.com and their sources.
1. Fire Emblem 1: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light- The story of Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light begins when the Devil King Garnef helps resurrect the Dark Dragon Medeus, allowing the evil Dolua empire to revive as well. As the continent is taken over by Dolua, the Altean King, Cornelius, is killed, the Falchion (used a century before to kill Medeus by Altea's hero, Anri) is taken. Marth himself is forced to retreat to the island kingdom of Talis with Jeigan's squad. For some time, he lives there without worry, but one day, the Garuda Pirates ambush the people of Talis, forcing Marth to fight back. Now Marth must lead a campaign on a road through the Akaneian continent and destroy Medeus to end Dolua's dark reign. Fortunately, he won't have just Jeigan's squad assisting him; the Princess of Talis, Sheeda; the commander of Talis' army, Oguma; Soldier of Orleans, Hardin; Warren mercenaries, Raddy and Caesar; along with many others are there to help, as well as many enemies Marth manages to convince of his righteousness during the campaign.
2. Fire Emblem 2: Gaiden- The game follows two protagonists over the course of five chapters, life-long friends Alm and Celica, and takes place in two kingdoms on the continent of Valencia; Rigel and Sofia. The world map is slowly revealed for players to traverse through the game's five chapters. Over the course of the game, many secrets are revealed about both protagonists. Fire Emblem Gaiden was the first game in the series where more than one Lord character could promote. Alm begins the game as a Fighter before eventually promoting to Hero. Celica is a Priestess, and she promotes into Princess.
3. Fire Emblem 3: Mystery of The Emblem: The game follows two protagonists over the course of five chapters, life-long friends Alm and Celica, and takes place in two kingdoms on the continent of Valencia; Rigel and Sofia. The world map is slowly revealed for players to traverse through the game's five chapters. Over the course of the game, many secrets are revealed about both protagonists. Fire Emblem Gaiden was the first game in the series where more than one Lord character could promote. Alm begins the game as a Fighter before eventually promoting to Hero. Celica is a Priestess, and she promotes into Princess.
4. Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War- War has unexpectedly erupted within the peaceful continent of Jugdral. Barbarians have invaded the Kingdom of Isaac, which has prompted Prince Kult of Grandbell to subdue Isaac during the midst of the chaos. There are unforseen consequences to this action. Prince Gandolf of Verdane quickly invades Grandbell, seizing Jungby Castle and capturing the noblewoman Edin. Lord Sigurd of Chalphy gathers his knights and rushes to the kingdom of Verdane in an attempt to rescue Edin. He is too late, however, and Edin is nowhere to be found upon the recapture of Jungby Castle. Events begin to spiral out of control, and the world of Jugdral soon finds itself thrust into a terrible holy war that will change the future of the land forever.
5. Fire Emblem 5: Thracia 776- The story of Thracia 776 takes place inbetween chapters 5 and 6 of Genealogy of the Holy War, starring characters such as Leaf, Fin, and Nanna, and (obviously) takes place on the Thracia peninsula in the southeast of Jugdral.
6. Fire Emblem 6: The Sword of Seals- Once again, the land of Elibe is threatened by a powerful darkness, as foretold by the Archsage Athos in his dying moments. And true to his prophecy, the line of Pherae brings the light of hope. The dark star has risen in Bern, and King Zephiel seeks domination over the continent. With the murder of Marquess Pherae and Marquess Ostia, the lords Eliwood and Hector, the task of the world's salvation falls to their children, Roy and Lilina. As they wage a war for freedom and survival, it becomes more and more apparent that there is far more going on than meets the eye. Zephiel has awakened an ancient dark magic, and it is only a matter of time before the fruits of his madness come fully into being.
Sword of Seals, the sixth game in the series, is actually the sequel to Blazing Sword, the seventh game. As such, it features many of the same characters and settings, and takes place in the same continent. Sword of Seal's story takes place twenty years after the end of Blazing Sword.
7. Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Sword- Prologue:
"Once, dragons and men coexisted.
They shared a peace forged in wisdom.
All that was lost when mankind disrupted this balance in a sudden onslaught.
Defeated and humbled, dragons vanished from the realm.
In time, man rebuilt and spread his dominion across the land and the islands beyond.
A millennium has passed since those dark days ended."
-Introductory cut scene
Blazing Sword, the seventh game in the series, is actually the prequel to Sword of Seals, the sixth game. As such, it features many of the same characters and settings, and takes place in the same continent. Blazing Sword's story takes place five years before the birth of Roy, the protagonist of Sword of Seals.
8. Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones- Prologue:
"In an age long past... evil flooded over the land. Creatures awash in the dark tide ran wild, pushing mankind to the brink of annihilation. In its despair, mankind appealed to the heavens, and from a blinding light came hope. The Sacred Stones. These five glorious treasures held the power to dispel evil. The hero Grado and his warriors used the Sacred Stones to combat evil's darkness. They defeated the Demon King and sealed his soul away within the stones. With the darkness imprisoned, peace returned to Magvel. But this peace would not last..."
The Sacred Stones is set in the new universe of Magvel (aka Magi Varl), and features perhaps the deepest and most epic plot in Fire Emblem history.
The kingdoms of Magvel have lived in peace for centuries since the defeat of the Demon King. Nations have grown and prospered, kingdoms have risen in might and majesty. All is at well, until one fateful day when the once-peaceful Grado empire invades Renais, its stalwart ally. The continent is thrown into chaos, and soon war breaks off across the entire land.
Caught in the middle of this are the crown prince and princess of Renais, the young Ephraim and Erika. Her father brutally murdered by Grado's generals, Erika is forced to flee her homeland and seek out her brother, who is waging his own guerilla war against the heart of the Grado Empire. As the war wages on and hope begins to wane, Ephraim and Erika begin to uncover a mystery that will change their lives, and the lives of their entire world, forever.
9. Fire Emblem 9: Path of Radiance- Path of Radiance is set in the new Tellius universe and, as usual, has very little plot connection to other Fire Emblem games. The story follows the epic journey of Ike, the son of a legendary Greil Mercenary. For years these mercenaries have performed their work in relative peace, aiding whomever could pay their fee.
This smooth life for Ike is cut short by the sudden invasion of the nation Daein into Crimea. The Greil Mercenaries find themselves caught in the middle of an all-out war, and their group is beginning to break apart from dispute among its members. Ike finds himself in the position of leadership almost immediately, and heads towards Gallia in an attempt to find peace in neutrality. Gallia is the homeland of the Laguz, a race of were-humans who transform into savage beasts, and who possess an ancient hatred against Ike's people. Tensions mount, and Ike soon finds himself at the center of a hidden darkness that will change the future of Tellius forever.
Once again thank you for your time- Jak3
|quote quick quote edit quick edit del posts in thread report|
|Log in or register to remove this advertisement|
|[All dates in (PST) time]||Threads List « Next Newest Next Oldest »|
|REPLY TO THIS THREAD QUICK REPLY START NEW THREAD|
Powered by neoforums v2.3.3 (Bolieve)
Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015