- Players move around one of more than 15 boards, buying shops to build their portfolios and collecting symbols they can cash in at the bank to earn more gold to invest. It takes money to make money, so racing around the board may not be the best strategy.
- To capitalize on their monetary gains, players can make investments, play the stock market, purchase shops and collect shopping fees. Players with multiple shops adjacent to one another see them grow in value and their shops level up. Other players who land on those squares have to pay an increased shopping fee.
- Players can choose to play as a variety of Mushroom Kingdom characters, as DRAGON QUEST characters or even as their own Mii™ characters.
- More than 15 different game boards are available, providing endless replay value.
- The beginner setting helps newcomers learn the basics, while a more advanced mode introduces more challenges, deeper strategy options and the ability to play the stock market.
- The franchise has been a hit in Japan, and this marks its first appearance in North America.
This game is also known as Boom Street in Europe.