The Project Siren team at SCEI turns its evil eye again towards PS2. This horror adventure game takes place on Yamijima, an island just off the coast of Japan. Taking control of multiple characters, you'll face off not just against the Shibito, but against a more powerful group of demons known as Yami Bito. The game now tracks your position on the field of play and includes a new alert system which signals you to approaching danger through controller vibrations. You can now select from three difficulty settings.
The Optical Illusion System will be enhanced in the game and you will be now able see through human and animal eyes as well; and you can receive helps from companions in battles to rescue partners.
- Use the updated sight-jack feature to see through the eyes of animals and even people from the past
- The 'Yamibito' (People of the Dark) are introduced as a new race of enemy; unlike Shibito they are sensitive to light
- Original music, visual and sound effects combine to give a genuine sense of fear and claustrophobia
- Attention to detail - environments are modelled on real-life locations and actors used for motion-capture
- Strategic and cerebral gameplay - use darkness to avoid Shibito and light to defeat Yamibito
- Use vehicles to ram enemies and obstructions and to reach otherwise inaccessible parts of the island
- Improved help features and tutorials following feedback on the difficulty level of Forbidden Siren
- Gameplay remains focussed on intense, stealthy survival, but with an added emphasis on action, with more than 30 weapons to collect
This game is also known as Siren 2 in Japan.