Sports Interactive have crafted a superbly detailed masterpiece in Football Manager 2005. With over 10 years of football management gaming experience behind them and over 2500 researchers in the field, no-one offers a greater insight into the real world of football. With the tools at your fingertips you will be able to control more that you thought possible, listed below are just some of the features.
In Football Manager 2005 you are offered a dynamic range of options resulting in a combined effort for an eventful game. Approach the press by clicking on managers and issue a comment to the media and feel the effects as tension rises and matches become more personal and feel the wrath of fans and your players alike when something you say can turn ugly. You can also use this feature in relation to your own players, other clubs and media pundits. Involve yourself with the backroom boys such as assistant coches and physios who will inform you on your players as you sort out the men from the boys for your latest match. You can also keep track of the latest information as Football Manager 2005 will have the latest squads and transfers right up to the end of the summer transfer window guaranteeing you'll be on the ball helping you manage loans for many reasons which includes lending young players in need of experience to other clubs. Don't forget to keep an eye on the Tournament Updates to see all the latest upsets and who the giant killers are. However you pronounce their names, with Football Manager 2005 you'll be able to follow your foreign legion whilst they play for their country. Watch and see if they can cut it at the highest level. As well as playing on a whole new experience you can now follow the action with realistic radio commentary.
Football Manager 2005 isn't just about on the pitch, it's about the whole experience of real life football.
- Playable leagues in 43 countries.
- More than 140 playable senior divisions and in excess of 100 playable cup competitions.
- Reserve and junior league competitions.
- More than 235,000 players and staff (from 145 different countries) with players boasting more than 120 separate attributes and non-playing staff boasting 40.
- Updated 2D 'top-down' match engine.
- Improved 'radio commentary'.
- Increased interaction with the media.
- Reworked injury system.
- Improved scouting system.
- Improved finance module to reflect the changing face of football.
- Comments when negotiating with human managers
- Inclusion of U18 Caps.
- More realistic awards system
 Hardware Requirements
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
4x CD-ROM drive
1024x768 32-bit display
650MB hard disk space
8x CD-ROM drive
This game is also known as Worldwide Soccer Manager 2005 in North America.