From award winning game developer ACES comes Flight Simulator X. The latest installment will include the usual genre leading realism that continues to awe real pilots and will serve as the graphical benchmark for games on Windows Vista. Additionally, Flight Simulator X will deliver for the first time structured game play with more than 55 missions to choose from which will test the skills of players of all levels.
Flight Simulator X is the culmination of nearly 25 years of the landmark Flight Simulator. Players will be able to experience what it is like to be a pilot and have real distractions, to shade their eyes from the glare of reflective paint and the glint from glass and chrome. Players will also enjoy the opportunity to fly their dream aircraft -- from classic seaplanes like the de Havilland Beaver and Grumman Goose to the Cessna 172 there is a plane for every terrain and every player.
- This version of Microsoft Flight Simulator X features: 17 airplanes, 16 detailed airports, 28 detailed cities, and 40 structured missions.
- Immersive world. Flight Simulator X offers players a rich and innovative gaming experience with new technological advancements, incredible graphics and added realism including weather, time of day and seasons. Pilots can watch moving cars and detailed buildings in cities below, traffic on highways, indigenous houses, farmland and livestock, and wildlife in its natural habitats.
- Mission-based gameplay. With the addition of new mission-based gameplay, players will have a specific purpose as their world comes alive for the first time with automobile traffic, moving boats and ships, and animal life. With more than 50 new missions to choose from, aviators can build their skill levels and engage in even more stimulating gameplay than before. Players can choose to compete in the Red Bull Air Race or bring relief materiel to the Congo, keeping track of their progress on each mission.
- New aircraft. Flight Simulator X will enable pilots to fly the aircraft of their dreams, from the DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver floatplane and Grumman G-21A Goose to the AirCreation 582SL Ultralight and Maule M7-260C Orion with wheels and skis. Players will be amazed at the details - such as shaded rivets, reflective paint, and glint from glass and chrome - as they view the world from 100 feet to 1 million feet.
- Interactive airports. More than 24,000 airports feature AI-controlled jetways, fuel trucks and moving baggage carts, allowing players to explore their hometown or venture to a favorite far-off city.
 Hardware Requirements
Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista Processor: 1.0 Ghz RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista – 512MB Hard Drive: 14GB Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible Other: DX9 hardware compatibility and audio board with speakers and/or headphones Online/Multiplayer Requirements: 56.6 kbps or better for online play
This game is also known as Flight Simulator 2006 in North America.