Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is a high-definition remaster of the 2006 installment of the Final Fantasy franchise originally released for the PS2. The Zodiac Age includes content from both the original game and the International Zodiac Job System update that until now was Japan-only.
This is the story of a world called Ivalice. The strong military kingdom known as the Arcadia Empire that rules the Valentia Continent, and the Rosalia Empire that rules the Ordalia Continent have been continuously at war for long years. In the midst of it, Arcadia Empire invaded the small kingdom of Dalmasca, positioned in the hallway between the two continents and thus is geopolitically important. Under the invasion of the Arcadia Empire, the Dalmasca Kingdom accepted defeat. But Ashe, the rightful heir to the trone of Dalmasca, joined the resistance army movements to fight against the empire. The enemy's chase and attack of this girl with the liberation of her mother nation in heart is severe, but, she can not be defeated. At this moment, she meets the young man Vaan. With this meeting, begins the change in Ashe's heart. And thus... The meeting of these two people will greatly change the story of this world.
- Active Dimension Battle System - A New System where the enemy appear on screen along with your characters, meaning no more random battles, no more battle loading screens and victory screens
- Rotating Camera - Use the right analogue stick to rotate the camera and to see the area around you
- Enemies Fighting Each Other - With a new ADB System, enemies will now also attack each other, as well as you
- License System - Before you can use a particular weapon, or magic attack you must first get the license for it
- Character Switching - Switch the character that you control in the midst of a battle
- KO's - If one of your characters are knocked out, another will take its place if you have more than 3 characters available at any time.
- Day/Night - A Clock that will change the layouy depending on the time of day has also been
- Gambit System - A Gambit system to let the computer fight against the enemy, whilst you tell the team what overall strategy to use