Game Info
With FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT, the FINAL FANTASY series is rendered anew as an epic storybook adventure by the creators of the FINAL FANTASY III and FINAL FANTASY IV Nintendo DS remakes. Players will enter a beautiful fairy-tale world featuring illustrations and character designs by acclaimed character designer Akihiko Yoshida (FINAL FANTASY III for DS, FINAL FANTASY XII).
In addition to the vibrant artwork, this title introduces several all-new features to the franchise, including an Action Point Combat System that allows players to unleash their most powerful attacks by saving up their action points during battle. Players will also have over 20 jobs to choose from and dozens of abilities to master with the Crown Job System – a system that also changes the appearance of characters as they are equipped with new weapons and armor.
The game tells the tale of a young boy who sets out on a journey of self-discovery with his friends, only to be tasked with saving the world from an unexpected evil. With both single and multiplayer modes, FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT challenges players to take on the roles of four endearing characters who do not always see eye to eye. The multiplayer mode allows up to four players to work together and become the Heroes of Light as they travel alongside their friends on a journey to save the world.
In the small kingdom of Horne, Brandt awakes on the morning of his 14th birthday. Today is the day he becomes an adult, and the custom of the realm says that he must go to the castle to present himself to the king.
Yet when he arrives at the castle, he finds the king distraught and the youngest princess missing, abducted by the Witch of the North. With no one else to turn to, the king makes a shocking request: will Brandt save the princess?
And thus Brandt's adventure begins...
- The first original FINAL FANTASY title for Nintendo DS brought to life by the development team behind the Nintendo DS remakes of FINAL FANTASY III and FINAL FANTASY IV.
- Charming storybook visuals crafted under the guidance of art director and character designer Akihiko Yoshida (FINAL FANTASY III for DS, FINAL FANTASY XII).
- Combat is fun and intuitive with a battle system that operates on Action Points. Requiring nothing more than a simple selection of commands, players can dive right into a classic turn-based RPG battle experience.
- The Crown Job System offers a selection of over two dozen jobs to choose from. Players can freely customize a character's abilities and magic skills no matter which crown they have equipped. The possibilities are endless!
- Help friends advance in their adventure, or join forces to conquer tough dungeons. The multiplayer mode enables cooperative play for up to four players.
This game is also known as Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden in Japan.