From the first whistle of the season to heartbreak of cup failure, FIFA 07 throws you into the rollercoaster ride of a football season, has your team got what it takes to win the league or will they bravely battle relegation - its all up to you.
Relish every scintillating victory over bitter rivals and fume through every gut-wrenching poor performance at home. Savour the spine-tingling stadium atmosphere, home and away, as your team battles their way up the league table. Listen as your supporters chant your players' names and bellow all the rousing club songs through rain and shine.
You have the power to shape your club's destiny in the EA SPORTS Interactive Leagues [F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League, Mexican 1st Division], a new online mode that enables you to pit your club against supporters of your real-world opponents. Play your games according to the real-world schedule. When they play, you play. Track your team's progress as the aggregate results determine your club's position in the league table. Now you actually take to the pitch for the glory of your club.
New intelligent AI ensures that your 11 men on the pitch make realistic decisions, finding space and passing like professionals. A complete overhaul of the game engine now means that you have to employ real world tactics, make realistic decisions and think like a player in order to win matches.
Take on the updated and improved challenge of the Manager Mode. Player values and wages have been tuned to be even more realistic. Managerial decisions have even more tangible effects on player performance and welfare. Smarter CPU decisions mean rival managers are even more strategic in their own pursuit of silverware.
Gameplay has been a huge focus for the FIFA 07 team, tweaking every aspect of play from how the ball acts to the variety of player movement in the game. Here are some of the highlights:
• IMPROVED GAMEPLAY: Passing and positioning have all been enhanced. Players jostle and collide realistically while trying to win balls. Carefully tweaked assisted passing also lends a more fluid feel to the game.
• REALISTIC PLAYER MOVEMENT - FIFA 07 features over 1500 new animations over a third of which are for shooting. Out of the game's 4,500 animations almost half have been redone or tweaked. Goalies also have many new animations so their reactions are more realistic, particularly on second saves. Quick players have also been tweaked so they're better able to accelerate past defenders.
• STAR PLAYERS: The finest players in football will have their special moves in FIFA 07. Use the trick stick to have Ronaldo, Robino, Ronaldinho, Blanco and others do their footwork magic or watch as Roberto Carlos or Lampard take their signature free kick.
• ADVANCED GOALKEEPER AI: Goalkeeper intelligence is authentic, with true-to-life reactions and a greater variety of deflections and saves.
• SET PLAYS: Use the left analog stick to apply topspin or backspin to the ball for more creative set plays and finesse shots. Ball physics have been redone from scratch this go round so the ball will spin, bounce and generally move how it should. Players can now curve, shank and slice the ball depending on the situation.
• NEW SHOOTING MECHANICS: Experience a more sophisticated shooting mechanic that gives you greater control for pin-point accuracy. Shots on goal from regular play are more realistic - the game takes into account player speed, shot angle and speed and how much pressure the player is under. New ball physics accurately recreate bouncing, skidding and topspin.
There's more to FIFA 07 than fighting to slot the ball in the opponent's net. Here's a look at many of the different features in the game this year:
- FOOTBALL EMOTION: The crowds react to your performance. Goals and possession result in rousing chanting as momentum builds for your team but dips to a frustrated murmur if you're struggling. The camera focuses on those players who wear their emotions on their sleeve. FIFA 07 also features cinematic sequences on par with those from 2006 FIFA World Cup.
- EA SPORTS INTERACTIVE LEAGUES: Represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. When they play, you play. Win and drive your club closer to glory. Lose and see your team plummet to the bottom of the table. Weekly podcasts include user interviews that broadcast your glory to the world.
- DYNAMIC WEATHER: Don't count on clear weather throughout a match, dynamic weather means it could be raining one moment then clear up just before half time hits.
- ENHANCED MANAGER MODE: Everything is real. Real money, youth player development, press and fan reaction. You'll even see wear on the pitches as a season progresses. Immerse yourself completely in the world of a football manager.
- SOCIAL GAMING: Play against up to eight friends in the FIFA 07 LOUNGE to determine your champion. A new handicap system levels the playing field in the ultimate pursuit of bragging rights.
- COMPLETE AUTHENTICITY: FIFA 07 features 27 leagues from 20 nations. Over 510 teams are accurately represented with correct kits and badges.
 PC Hardware Requirements
1.3 GHz Processor
256 MB RAM
1.2 GB Free Hard Disk Space Required
8x CD/DVD-Rom Speed
Graphics Card 64 MB
Sound Card (Direct X 9.0c Compatible)
Direct X 9.0c
This game is also known as FIFA 07 in Europe / Australia.