Set within the time range that reaches from the first Punic War to the start of the true Empire, players will be presented with many choices for their game playthroughs. Such choices include country, culture, provincial and character options, offering a high amount of customizability to each playthrough. Players get to build empires, manage relations and lead armies in this strategy game from Paradox Interactive.
- Fully 3D map with integrated graphics and detailed topography
- Start at any date between 280 B.C. and 27 B.C.
- Choose between 10 different cultures, including the Roman, Celtic, Greek and Egyptian civilizations, with more than 53 playable factions on a map spanning hundreds of provinces.
- Watch your characters develop new traits through political intrigue and various interactions with thousands of other characters.
- Trade, negotiate or fight with your neighbours and advance your technologies to unite the Mediterranean World.
- Robust multiplayer allows you to challenge up to 32 players either competitively or in co-op mode.