Eternal Darkness review
The darkness come to Gamecube.
Little point in replaying
Cathedral "Demon Boss" poorly thought out
Eternal darkness was originally planned for the N64. Now here it is on the Gamecube. Is it any good?
Graphically it is brilliant. Fantastic use although it doesn't quite push the system, it does the job well enough. The sounds are suitably spooky and this game will really scare the brown stuff out of you.
This game has a fantastic concept. You play as different characters across different time periods using different items and magic. The use of the sanity meter is one of the best additions to the game.
Like Resident Evil this game also plays on the "things that go bump in the night" bag of tricks. You'll find yourself entering every room warily or jumping as a tree branch hits a window. Fortuantely this is not done at the expense of gameplay. The effects caused when your sanity meter is low are great too.
Overall Silicon Knights have exceeded expectations. A truely scary game with kickass gameplay. Limiting once completed but it will be some time before that happens. Go get some sleepless nights!
Resident Evil 0 (GC)
Redient Evil: Code Veronica X (GC)
About the author
- Which Artifact did you pick at the begining? 28
- Eternal Darkness Successor - Shadow of the Eternals 0
- ?CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE 5 POINT SPELL? 5
- Magickal Attack - using it early 1
- Stuck as Karim 2
- im stuck with (paul luther) the bald guy in the france 4
- Can It Be True?! 8
- create your own sanity effect 7
- Chapter 5 boss - the gaurdian 2
- Side effects ED has had on you! 62
- how scary does ED get? 1
- Is this game scarier than RE? 8