Obilvion is one of the first to enter into the next-generation of gaming and the fourth chapter of the Elder Scrolls series. You begin in a jail, when all of a sudden, you see the Emporer killed right in front of you. When the Emporer dies the gates that lead to Oblivion, a world where dark creatures and even darker masters lay waiting, are open. Thus it is bestowed upon you to close the gates and save the world from the horrors of Oblivion.
As in Morrowind, you can choose to play in first person or third person view. The game is open ended and the player can choose to do whatever they please. Along with the main quest, there are guilds to join, and tons of sid-quests, not to mention NPCs to interact with.
- Live Another Life in Another World. Create and play any character you can imagine, from the noble warrior to the sinister assassin to the wizened sorcerer.
- Next Generation Graphics. Pixel-shader effects and high definition televisions are fully supported to create unprecedented visuals, including lifelike towns, dungeons, and the most realistic forests ever created in a game.
- First Person Melee and Magic. An all-new combat and magic system brings first person role-playing to a new level of intensity where you feel every blow.
- Radiant AI. This groundbreaking AI system gives Oblivion's characters full 24/7 schedules and the ability to make their own choices based on the world around them. Non-player characters eat, sleep, and complete goals all on their own.
- Realistic Characters. Oblivion's features over 1,000 non-player characters who come to life like never before with facial animations, lip-synching, and full speech. They even engage in unscripted conversations with each other and you.
- Open-Ended Game Play; Short Challenges. The enormous world of Oblivion is open for you to explore at your own pace, and shorter challenges such as fighting bandits, mixing potions, creating magic items and persuading friends keep the challenges coming.
 Hardware Requirements
•512MB System RAM
•2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
•128MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
•8x DVD-ROM drive
•4.6 GB free hard disk space
•DirectX 9.0c (included)
•DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
•3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
•1 GB System RAM
•ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card
Supported Video Card Chipsets:
•ATI X1900 series
•ATI X1800 series
•ATI X1600 series
•ATI X1300 series
•ATI X850 series
•ATI x800 series
•ATI x700 series
•ATI x600 series
•ATI Radeon 9800 series
•ATI Radeon 9700 series
•ATI Radeon 9600 series
•ATI Radeon 9500 series
•NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
•NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
•NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
•NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
•NVIDIA GeForce FX series