Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi User Reviews
- Huge variety of characters
- Destructable terrain
- Some moves are pretty pwnage
- Variety of playable sagas
- Ultimate Battle
- Improved graphics
- Fight on land, air, and underwater
- No Dragon Universe
- Levels dont seem all that big after a while
- AI is annoying
- Story Mode is not so entertaining
- World Tornoument gets very samey
- Run out of things to do after you finish about 85% of the game
- Not enough different moves per character
- Heaps of characters have Full Power Charge
- Vegeta's and Goku's faces look wierd on the starting movie
- Repeat fighting characters on Ultimate Battle
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi had a lot of hype before its release and i dont think it delivered all that well. Although it has a whole lot of new features to make it more like the TV show, the game could have been put together better.
You will find yourself constantly running out of moves as each character has about 7 moves each.
I think that the producers should have kept with the Dragon Universe concept as that proved much more entertaining than simply advancing from one fight to the next as you do in DBZ:BT.
With over 50 characters, it'll take anyone at least 3 months to fully complete ...
+ Over 50 characters in 90 forms
+ Fully destructable 3D environments
+ Real Time damage to characters
+ 100% Free flight
+ New Ki system
+ Some uniqueness among characters
+ More Modes
+ Characters seem to have same moves as eachother
+ Story mode too simplistic
+ No In Game Transformations
+ Only one bar of health and ki each
There are now around 50 characters in the game, in 90 powerful forms. 90 characters to pick from!! The most in any DBZ game! But this is also one of it's bad points. It means no in game transformations which is something unique to dbz. You must spend the entire battle in the same form. However, there are many new characters such as the entire ginyu force, bebi vegeta, janemba, super 17 and master roshi and more.
The 3D environments are fully destructable. You can literally smash through every thing in sight. Althought as you play it more, you ralise that the arenas aren't all that big.
-Option to switch to Japanese voices
-Same old soundtrack
DBZ Tenkaichi, known to others as Budokai 4, thrives off of an engine, newly designed from the ground up. Prior to it's predecessors, Tenkaichi still keeps the same feeling of the Budokai series, with a new and much needed twist: free-roaming capabilities.
You probably watch the show, and go "Wow! How come we can't do what they can do in the show?!" Tenkaichi does just that. Spike has taken the concepts from each episode, fight, scene and event, and melted them into one big boiling pot. The result: a free-roaming, flying capable beat-em-up, traditional to what you'd expect to see in the show...
Lots of fun new characters to play as
Fun story mode
New stages, as well as a couple of stages brought back from previous Budokai games
No longer have to fuse to play as fusion characters
Bad camera angles at times
Some of the fights in story mode can be annoying
Battle system isn't quite as good as Budokai 3
Well, I had a great time playing this game. The story mode contains alot of fun fights from the series, including some of the fights from the movies. It also contains some fights where you play as the villain. And the cutscenes in story mode are pretty cool, as well. Though, some of the fights in story mode can be annoying. Some of them will require you to survive until time runs out, or defeat the enemy using a certain finishing move. These are mainly annoying because the computer is often very cheap when it comes to these types of fights. But aside from that, the story mode is pretty good...
+ 56 characters(80+ with transformations)
+ Massive levels
+ Battle damage
+ Destructable environments
+ Story Mode, not as tiresome as Budokai 2 and 3's story mode, brings back the one from 1(in a way)
+ Japanese and English voice overs
+ New capsule/upgrading system
+ New attributes including speed, finishing move, and super finishing move
+ More intense battles than budokai 3, with beam struggles back and more punching frenzies than before
+ Free flight
- Not nearly as combo-heavy as budokai 3
- The lack of in-game transformations may put some off
- Though more like the show, they could still do better
- Glitchy at times(explained later)
- Short story, depending on the person who plays it
- Moves are over-used and not as impressive as B3
- AI is cheap at times, specifically in story mode
- No alternate costumes makes it harder to re-enact the stories correctly.
- Some characters play to linearly
- Customizing, though it was decent this year, could, and should have, been more like B3's with the level up feature
- Story mode cutscenes, done with in-game graphics so they look sub-par most of the time
All in all, Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi is a worthy buy for a Dragonball Z fan, and at least a rent from regular gamers.
Many of the things about this game are great, other things are lacking.
The massive amount of characters offers everybody a character they'd like to play as, but from having so many, they play to much like each other. The massive levels are great, especially when you combine it with the fact that most of them are quite destructable, however, the destruction lacks at times, its always the same thing everytime, though, it doesn't get old when you punch your opponent throu...
Awesome variety of characters.
Fully 3D, destructible environments.
Lots of variety in Combat.
Some levels seem small.
A Few glitches in the melee combat system.
Story is arguably short.
Not enough Moves and techniques.
No alternative Costumes.
Character Customising is dissapointing this year.
This game cannot be compared to Budokai 3. If you were to ask me "is it better than B3?" I would have to answer "yes." but do not confuse this as a typical sequel.
...For a start, I have barely left the house in the last 3 days. Yes, Im sad, but even so...this game is VERY addictive. It has stripped away the entire principle of Budokai 1-3. This is because it is no longer a 2D linear fighter, its gone fully 3D! This means you will be flying up, down, left and right with super speed...Dashing through buildings, getting knocked into water, landing on top of a truck....The possibilities are...
- dragon ball z Seasons Listed in order 3
- Full power energy blast volley 0
- transforming into Super sayan 5
- how do i unlock every single saga in dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 0
- Goku-Gohan Fusion 16
- The strongest ENEMY 19
- To Get All Dragon Ballz 1
- 4 long years anyone got any other good cheats 2
- 100%beat 9
- ki attacks 2
- Last Z Battle Gate 3
- Is there a way.. 2