Dota 2 is a action fantasy strategy video game, released on July 8th, 2013 by Valve Corporation. It is the stand-alone sequel to the popular Warcraft III custom map Defense of the Ancients.
 Game Play
In Dota 2 you play on a battlefield as a hero using RTS view and controls. The battlefield consists of two bases, "The Radiant" on the bottom left and "The Dire" at the top right. At the start of each game the player chooses a hero to compete in a 5v5 battle, slowly pushing towards the other team's base while destroying waves of minions and towers blocking your path.
- All the heroes from the classic Dota mod from Warcraft 3 will be available.
- Player vs bot matches with several difficulty levels.
- Integrated tournament support.
- Steam inventory, allowing players to trade cosmetic items that can be used to customize the way your hero looks similar to Team Fortress 2.
- Fully integrated Steam workshop allows players to upload cosmetic items, announcer voice clips as well as item couriers which will then be rated by the community whether they should be added to the game.