In the Junkyard, rival tribes fight an endless war-vying for supremacy and the right to ascend to nirvana. Everything begins to change when a blinding light interrupts a skirmish between two tribes. Serph, leader of the Embryon, awakens after the flash to find that his opponents have been violently slain. In a crater left behind lies a young girl with black hair called Sera.
The people of the junkyard soon discovered the effects of the mysterious light; Tribe members transform into demons, and feed an insatiable hunger by devouring their enemies. Along with this new "atma" comes another strange power: Emotion.
Soon after, the Karma Temple issues a new law: "Devour the other tribes and bring the black haired girl to nirvana". Hostility only grows, as the tribes renew their efforts with increased hatred and zeal.
The Embryon struggle to defeat the opposition and protect Sera, the young girl, who may just hold the key to everything...
- "Devour" your enemies and absorb their devastating powers and special abilities!
- Strategic battle system! Switch between your human and demon to take advantage of your opponent's weaknesses.
- Customize and develop your characters using the unique "Mantra Flow" system.
- All new Break system allows you to protect you from an enemies attack and even reflect it back at them.
- Discover special link attacks to unleash the power of your party!
- Experience an epic sci-fi fantasy story with over 50 Hours of gameplay.
This game is also known as Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner in Japan.