A number of schoolkids, upon discovering the parallel world that is the Digimon universe, are sucked into the world via a PC and then begin their adventures in the digital world. As you take on the many different enemies they encounter in the game, you will rise through the ranks of tamers, earning new powers and new Digimon pets as you go.
* Collect hundreds of unique Digimon: Travel through the vast digital world of Digimon to collect over 250 Digimons! During your journey, you will encounter numerous unique Digimons of 8 different species to battle and earn experience points. You can collect their data and experience points to create unique Digimon of your own
* Raise your Digimon real-time in Digi Farm! Do not simply collect your Digimon for the sake of collecting! The true fun starts after you collect them. Put them in live DIGI farm to raise your Digimons! Nintendo DS dual screens let you engage in your main game activities while you interact live with your Digimons at your farm. You get to pick up to 4 different types of farms, interact with your Digimons and train them in areas of your choice
* Enjoy strategic and dynamic battle system! The advanced turn-based battle system lets you predict the upcoming turns while so that you can strategically plan your next moves! The battle field is divided into 5 different areas while each of your skills has its own range of effect. Strategize your plan of attack! This ain't same as the old button mashing turn based gameplay
* Create Hybrid Digimons with your friends via Wi-Fi! Match make your favorite Digimons with other unique Digimons created by your friends via Wi-Fi. You can create unique and rare Digimons that can only be born through the Wi-Fi match making system. You can also exchange with your friends up to 40 Digimons wirelessly
* Exciting Wireless Battle System! Engage in 3 Digimons vs 3 Digimons Battle against your friends via wireless connection! Win wireless matches to claim rare items!
This game is also known as:
- Digimon Story in Japan
- Digimon Story in Europe