Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a sci-fi, futuristic action RPG taking place in the year 2027, a dystopian future where innovations in human sciences has enabled sophisticated robotic implants known as "neuroprosthetics" and "augmentations". The backdrop of the story is a society which is questioning the advances in human modification as well as the poverty and ever widening distances between social classes.
The main character is Adam Jensen, an ex-SWAT member who was dismissed in disgrace. Jensen is the current head of security in Sarif Industries, one of America’s most top bio-engineering/augmentation firms.
The story opens with an attack on the Sarif Industries facilities, resulting in Jensen being critically wounded. To save Jensen, Sarif Industries augments him with the latest and most sophisticated augmentations available, turning him into a super soldier. The real game begins with Jensen setting out to find out who is responsible for the attack on Sarif Industries, and who nearly got him killed. This pursuit will lead him to learn more about augmentations, and about the seedy underworld of the augmentation business, than he bargained for.
The game can be described as an action RPG with heavy emphasis on stealth, exploration, and hacking. Instead of a skill tree, character improvements come in the form of augmentations, enabled by "Praxis" points.
Jensen gains experience points by completing objectives, taking down guards, and hacking computers or access panels. When a certain number of experience points are gained, Jensen receives Praxis Points. Thus, instead of level progression, experience is used to unlock Praxis, which is then used to upgrade augmentations.
Hacking is a key element of the game, and takes the form of a mini-game where the player needs to take over nodes until they can hack objectives.
Stealth is also a key element, as experience bonuses can be earned for completing missions without being exposed or spotted. Some weapons and items aid in stealth, such as stun guns, and tranquiliser darts.
Many of the augmentations in the game help in hacking and stealth as well.
· Ultimate fusion of action and role-play: Players can opt to fight and kill opponents or take them down with stealth and cunning.
- Multiple Playstyles: Missions can be completed using combat, hacking, stealth or social negotiations.
- Choice and consequence: Live in a reactive world in which a multitude of approaches, paths, and tools are at the player’s disposal- each choice resulting in a consequence that affects the game dynamics and story
- Diverse customization of character: Players can focus on combat augmentations or stealth and hacking augmentations to suit their play style.
- Unique visual design: The game designers have created a compelling futuristic world with great visuals and immersive environments.
- Explore the world: The game takes place in several locales with different characters and themes.
 Hardware Info
Minimum system requirements:
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c
PROCESSOR: 2 GHz dual core
RAM: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB
Recommended system requirements:
OS: Windows 7
PROCESSOR: AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad or better
RAM: 2 GB
GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon HD 5850
REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB