This all-new 3D Defender, based on the arcade classic, offers players space-combat action as they fight to defend their solar system and save the human race from alien invasion. In addition, Defender will showcase elements of strategy, multiple types of humans to protect and use, ground units for players to defend and strategically position, and bases to build and expand. Players will also be able to take flight in new, upgradable Defender ships as they take on the invading aliens.
Defender drops players into the midst of an alien invasion where they must combine strategic elements with speed, control and firepower to outwit the enemy. Ship upgrades are also available with various power-ups including shields, advanced weapons and hyperspace technology. Aliens can be taken head-on in single-player campaign mode or defeated with a friend in the two-player, cooperative campaign mode as you deploy an arsenal of weapons such as a grenade launcher, fast-lock missile launcher, fireball launcher and gas launcher.
- KMFDM and Trigger provide hard, pulsating rhythms that lend an even more realistic feel to the intense, combat-action and strategic gameplay
- Fend off the alien advance on the various planets and moons of the solar system including Venus, Mars and Earth
- Engage the alien invaders in Single-Player Campaign Mode or Two-Player Cooperative Campaign Mode
- Choose from six different types of ships, from heavily-armed bombers to quick and stealthy fighters
- Upgrade your ship between missions and earn multiple power-ups including shields, advanced weapons, cloaking technology and more
- Employ special tactical maneuvers such as barrel rolls, 360-degree loops and 360-degree reversals
- Take strategic control by positioning various ground units including tanks and missile launchers