The PlayStation Portable edition of Capcom's ghoulish 2D fighting game, this is a conversion of the Dreamcast mash-up version that featured all of the character and versions of characters from the series.
The game will have Wi-Fi multiplayer support; a new Tower mode is added to the game, in which you select 3 playable characters and battle your way to the top of the tower. You can choose many possible routes when advancing the tower.
Versus offers true two-player competitive matches. Limit Battle randomly assigns a handicap to both challengers, forcing them to strategize their moves in order to claim victory. League allows four players to battle in round-robin mini tournaments where the order of turn is determined by the number of wins and loses. In the new Tower Mode, select three characters from the extensive roster and ascend to the pinnacle of a mysterious tower where many opponents await players. The course taken and fighting conditions will change dynamically based on performance during the multitude of one-on-one battles. Pitting the right competitor against an opponent will be the key to success. Progression through Tower and Arcade Mode directly affects the new Chronicle Mode which is a gallery that houses a collection of unlockable bonus materials that including original artwork and movies.
- Full roster of Darkstalkers characters
- Demitri Maximoff the Vampire whose sharp skills include the dreaded Chaos Flare
- Bishamon, the Samurai ghost warrior from Japan who possesses a cursed suit of armor and uses Storm Wind and other powerful moves to beat his enemies
- Succubus Morrigan Aenslaed, a Scottish renegade who's known to have an array of magical powers, including the Shadow Blade
- Two selectable screen settings
- Change the size ratio of the screen at anytime by choosing either normal or wide resolutions.
This game is also known as Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower in Japan.