Sony continues its world-building RPG series in a striking cel-shaded style, complete with the two playable characters - Yuris, a young man who looks similar to Toan; and Monica, a red haired girl that will accompany Yuris on his adventures. Dark Chronicle is set 100 years after Dark Cloud, but still features the same 'georama' system, which is a structure that allows players to build elements of the game's town environments, and many other of the original's gameplay mechanics.
- Innovative new gameplay mechanic, GEORAMA(TM) challenges you to build a customized world then interact within it in real-time.
- Stunning graphics with real-time weather and day/time display. Everything in the environment will change, depending on the time of day.
- Detailed weapons system with the ability to change and increase weapon strength and damage.
- Deeply involving and absorbing storylines combine a number of old Japanese-style fairytales and myths.
- Hundreds of items to choose from including magic, spells, weapons, treasure, GEORAMA(TM) pieces, allies, vehicles, keys, and more.
- 50+ hours of the most engaging gameplay ever undertaken in an action role-playing adventure and more than 60 minutes of magnificent cinematic movies expose you to elements of magic, action-adventure, strategy, and real-time combat of unparalleled depth.
This game is also known as Dark Chronicle in Japan / Europe.