Counter-Strike: Source User Reviews
Please remove this review.The bad:
Please remove this review.Summary:
I have an updated and better review written in Notepad, and my view on this game is much different that it was.
Please delete this review. I don't know how I can remove it myself, if you even can.
750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 750 limit 7...
- The Graphics. The Source engine really kicks ass.
- The realism. Physics, guns, damage... All mostly realistic.
- Customisable. You can create (with the right gear), install, and download hundreds of new custom maps, including imitations of old 1.6 maps like Inferno. You can download skins for weapons and screens. You can customise spray paint images (a kind of 'avatar' which you can spray on a wall). There are currently 4 player models for Terrorrists, and 4 more for Counter Terrorists. And more.
- Servers, clans and Admin status! I'm an admin, and havn't ever payed a penny to anyone since I bought the game itself. Providing you have patience and half a brain, along with manners and a friendly side, you could be in a clan in no time. Which could mean Admin.
And to those interested in running your own server, you can get a massive one for about £40 per month if you know where to look. Ours is hosted in the Netherlands, for example. With your own server you can do whatever the hell you want, like adding plug-ins to do stuff like allow people to bet CSS Dollars on which team they think will win, Vote on which map they want next, or steal money from people they manage to knife. You can paint the walls with your clan/server logo, making it non-removable. You can customise the map cycle. You can even plug-in sounds, playable on command.
- Mainly, the people who play it. 30% are assholes. Just so you know. AWP whores (people who'll kill you in a single hit with the most powerful and expensive weapon in the game as soon as look at you, and never use anything else), Hackers (people who cheat), Dodgey Rates (Laggy people who have crap bullet registry...), Lag and High Pingers, Aggressive n00bs with the mental agility of a carrot... You name it, we've got it. Most of these are no problem if your friendly neighborhood admin is around, but otherwise...
- You'll need a powerful machine to run it.
- You'll need a good internet connection of at least 2MB to run it. 1MB, possibly, but your game won't run as smoothely.
- Steam. Without it you can't play. And it *bleep*s up too often. Updates rarely come without bugs, some of which take way too long to fix.
- Recoil. Too much of it. So much as to not be realistic: I've fired an AK and an M4 similar to those in the game, and they are surprisingly easy to keep under control.
What else is there to say? Here's a brief overview of the games point:
You are plunged straight into the action. Depending on the skill level of the people in the server you choose to join (no commitments, there are thousands of different 24/7 servers to choose from), you'll have a good or bad experience. If everyone else is skilled, you'll be destroyed until you get better. So some people may drop out from sheer frustration at this point.
There are de_ maps and cs_ maps. de_ maps are bomb plant/defusal maps, in which the Terrorists have to plant a small c4 bomb in either of 2 pre-designated ...
1. great player skins
2. rag doll physics
3. the two new guns available
4. the new maps
1. the old maps like inferno and mansion are gone
2. the shots may be recorded more than once (which is good if you are shooting but bad if you are getting shot at)
3. the fact that the AK-47 takes a bit of time to master
4. the big number of hackers who spoil all the fun
5. the immature kids who have bad sprays.
this game is the latest game in the counter strike series and is really different from the old counter strike. Counter strike source comes out with Half-Life 2 and is really worth it. CSS is a first person shooting on-line game and is great fun. The aim of the game is to plant a bomb and kill all the counter terrorist if you are a terrorist, and to rescue hostages and kill all the terrorists if you are a counter. CSS is very easy to play and i recommend a surround sound stereo system to spot enemies and an Internet connection cable or higher.
The conclusion: this game is good if you know how...
- Dominating Rampage and so on? 22
- Old times Video 0
- [UVA] Looking for regulars & more! 0
- Name text(or font) 6
- Surf Map Skybox 0
- Skin Release 0
- NEED HELP WITH COMMANDS! (NOT SERVER) 1
- need help to my server (known) 0
- New CSS Server Needs Help 0
- Vast Gamer Seeking CSS Director/Competitive (Server Provided) 0
- [CSS] PERFECT SERVER !!! NS PROTOCOL 7 !!! 0
- CSL - CSS Soccer League 0