Conflict Zone is the first RTS that reflects contemporary wars, where campaigns involve not only military units, but also civilians, NGOs and the media. The player's objective is to cause the political defeat of its enemy, not to destroy him.
As the commander of peacekeepers against rebel armies, you must build a campaign using strategic brilliance and spin control. Rescue hostages with news cameras rolling and gain public support to upgrade your units. Harm innocents and watch your popularity and power plummet.
Or take control of rebel factions, and resort to more vicious techniques like brainwashing, media manipulation and human shields to further your cause.
- A technologically advanced RTS with the intense emotional realism of Modern Warefare.
- Test your strategic mettle against the Direct® AI engine used by today's defense forces. It offers:
- Variable gameplay within repeated missions.
- Individual units show human-like learning abilities.
- Control the media, manage civilians, and produce propaganda to win popularity for money and advancements.
- Delegate key tasks to your dedicated commanders, allowing complex multi-site battles.
- Easy to use interface with 3D zoom.
This game is also known as Conflict Zone: Modern War Strategy in North America.